Manager of Reds Fired

Ramy

The Star Wars Collector Podcast
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jan 27, 2004
Here
Jerry Narron was fired today after the Reds have the worst record in the majors.

BRING BACK SPARKY!!!!!!!!!

<<Paging Ramy>> Your manager got the boot!

...just saw on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball that Narron got fired! :up

Who ya think they'll replace him with?!?

EDIT...looks like you posted at the same time! Sorry

Last edited:
Even Sparky couldn't do much with the talent, or lack thereof, on this team. Sorry, but I think you're looking at a fire sale and then several years of rebuilding. I doubt that I'm telling you anything you don't already know.

Even Sparky couldn't do much with the talent, or lack thereof, on this team. Sorry, but I think you're looking at a fire sale and then several years of rebuilding. I doubt that I'm telling you anything you don't already know.

I thought the Reds were already in a rebuilding year !!!!

Sorry Ramy,
Borrowed from Paul :

Reds - Rebuilding since 1991 :eek:

Jimbo

All my teams have done AWFUL!! The REDS in baseball, the RAIDERS in football....I like the HEAT, but I am a TRUE 76ers fan. THANK GOD I don't follow hockey anymore because I use to be a HUGE Canadiens fan.....ugly....just plain ugly......:no:no:no:( SUCKS to be me...! LMAO

Yeah your right. The bullpen sucks so he could be captain hook anymore.

Cincinnatti deserves better. Great baseball town!

They were talking about that yesterday. Cincinnati and St. Louis are 2 of the best baseball towns in America. Even with them in last place there were 35,000 fans there yesterday.

...just saw on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball that Narron got fired! :up

Who ya think they'll replace him with?!?

EDIT...looks like you posted at the same time! Sorry

I posted it about 15 mins before you did. :D

Who couldn't see it coming? not me.

All my teams have done AWFUL!! The REDS in baseball, the RAIDERS in football....I like the HEAT, but I am a TRUE 76ers fan. THANK GOD I don't follow hockey anymore because I use to be a HUGE Canadiens fan.....ugly....just plain ugly......:no:no:no:( SUCKS to be me...! LMAO

No, It doesn't suck to be you, it sucks to be your teams !

Jimbo

Ramy,
The guy they have now is an interm manager, was a bench coach ? , the Reds got Narron the same way, interm ....
Why don't they go out and hire, or at least try, a known manager ?

Jimbo

Ramy,
The guy they have now is an interm manager, was a bench coach ? , the Reds got Narron the same way, interm ....
Why don't they go out and hire, or at least try, a known manager ?

Jimbo

Yeah, it would be nice that hire someone with a established resume....someone that HAS managed....even if it's in the minors....I am little tired of this hiring of 'bench coaches'.

The guy they got now as interim is an Advanced Scout, what are they thinking?

Texas Rangers - Building since 1972 :D

At least the Rangers no longer have the worst record in MLB.

They were talking about that yesterday. Cincinnati and St. Louis are 2 of the best baseball towns in America. Even with them in last place there were 35,000 fans there yesterday.

I would add Boston to that list as well, not that they haven't had success lately, but I think 2004 was more important to Beantown than all the Pats SB wins. As an NFL fan, that confounds me. ;)

But, even when they were out of it late last year, they were still filling up Fenway. Of course, they probably felt they were just around the corner as far as their team goes. Contrast that to how empty Yankee Stadium will be if the Yanks are still in the same situation they are now in August and September.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)