Manhattan DJ-1997 Receiver Screenshots

Status
Please reply by conversation.

PopcornNMore

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 20, 2005
Gibsonia, PA
Does anyone own a Manhattan DJ-1977 FTA receiver? If so, would you please upload a screenshot or two? I'm interested in purchasing this receiver, but unable to find any screenshot images online.

Thank you A Raine, but I actually visited these links multiple times and didn't see any screenshots. However, I was able to find a screenshot on another forum.

When I purchase a new receiver, the main things that interest me are:
1) picture quality
2) GUI design (information they provide, colors, style, etc.)
3) Blind scan functionality

Everything else is simply icing on the cake. It frustrates me that sellers of these receivers hardly ever provide screenshots of the information screen, blind scan screen, etc.

Reactions: . Raine
Screenshots! Ah, I was thinking you meant pictures of the receiver itself, duh! That didn't register with me yesterday, was really tired. Now that you mention it, a few screenshots of menus and of a station or two would be really nice to see in info on receiver ads.

I changed my mind at the last minute and ordered a ( n5obpzexo) receiver instead. Simply unscramble the word to figure out what receiver I ordered. :)

I decided to wait until the next model of the Manhattan is available which will include an OTA tuner as well as IPTV. Until then, the receiver I ordered will be a great toy to play with that has great picture quality and fast blind scan.

X5 OpenBox i just bought a X2 Premium iv From Amazon for $59.95 and it works great using it on c-band and ku band

Here are some detailed pic of the 1997.It is a good receiver with issues on the satellite side. The main issues is that the chipset where used
in poor systems with no support like the SYNOQ SR-1.
The Manhattan 1997 has good support, but is new to market and is not a pirate box Which some people do have trouble with.

Attachments

• IMG_20150720_151059273.jpg
    IMG_20150720_151059273.jpg
    476.3 KB · Views: 551
  • IMG_20150720_151138128.jpg
    IMG_20150720_151138128.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 578
  • IMG_20150720_151224018.jpg
    IMG_20150720_151224018.jpg
    368.5 KB · Views: 420
We have made a number of improvements to the Manhattan DJ-1997 since it arrived here. Every one sold by us has some value-added software that now includes:

Tested list of over 375 IP channels from around the world (just updated the IP channel capacity from 70 to 400). When this is combined with a Ku-band antenna parked on 97 West, it is an incredible system for many ethnic groups. Examples include
TURKEY In addition to the mostly TRT channels from satellite, over 45 IP channels from what seems to be every medium sized town in the country are now mapped in.
Quite a variety!
ROMANIA One state channel on satellite. More like 20 on IP...mostly private.
POLAND 3 or 4 satellite channels. Over 20 IP channels---several are music videos.
RUSSIA Several Russian language channels on Sat. Similar count to Romania on IP.
FRANCE Hard to find anything FTA on Sat. 35+ channels on IP. Lots of music videos.
GERMANY Just under a dozen mostly small private independent channels.
ITALY same as Germany, only more channels.
Lots of European countries represented with a few IP channels each.
Over a hundred channels from Latin America.
For example. Costa Rica's TELETICA has been popular on C-band at 43 West.
Nothing else in the clear on Sat. I discovered ten TV channels on the IP side.
Not to forget at least 15 English language news channels from around the world;
some that are no longer available on satellite to consumers. All free of charge on IP.

If you are looking for a middle-of-the-road satellite receiver, this should not disappoint. But for a very reasonable price it also includes what I would consider a "bridge" section to familiarize everyone with up to 400 programmable IP channels. While it is true that you can wait for a few months and Manhattan will have an IP / ATSC off air box, if you have an old MPEG-2 receiver, or were disappointed by the Open Box and its clones, and want the bonus of a satellite receiver, it is here now. As a member of Manhattan's technical advisory staff, I can testify that we have put just as much effort into the 1997 as we did into the 1933 receiver that started selling in 2011. Wish we could still get that model, because it has proven its reliability and capabilities over time, but changes in chipsets since that time have made that impossible. You could throw a few dozen dollars into unproven and mostly unsupported basic MPEG-4 boxes as suggested, or you could say thank you to Jeff Schumann and Manhattan for staying in business through thick and thin, and take a closer look at the DJ-1997.

Other new features include a revival of You Tube capabilities with new software that handles the new You Tube format. Four programmable weather cities.
A live clock option that does not require a satellite connection (assuming that you have a good Internet connection for also using the IP section, which recalibrates the clock).
An RSS section that allows you to read news stories (think of this as the Internet version of teletext) from organizations such as the CBC, BBC, CNN and others.

Visit www.manhattan-digital.net for specifications and updates.

I have being using the microHD for years and I'm glad to hear the news Manhattan has a future ATSC box in the works. I still have my old Diamond 9000HD connected just for local off air recording and time shifting but it has issues with some of the network HD recordings. I don't really have a need for IPTV at this time but the ATSC is of great interest if it can record.

Thanks Mike

Not to knock the Manhattan DJ 1997 receiver, because I know it probably is an excellent receiver and I too almost purchased one several weeks ago, but at the last minute decided to purchase an Openbox Z5 receiver instead for $70 including shipping. After having the receiver now for over a week I couldn't be happier. It offers 8,000 channel support VS 4,000 and I currently have over 1,100 IPTV channels programmed VS 400. It offers excellent picture quality, fast blind scan and graphics provide lots of added details about the channel received. Plus I saved myself $50 in the process. It arrived having all the North American satellites programmed as well as the latest firmware installed.

I admit it does have a few flaws compared to my older Optibox Anaconda receiver such as:
  • Edited channel names are lost during blind scans
  • Having the motor control screen separate from the satellite setup screen makes setup a little harder
  • YouTube currently produces an error
  • Pittsburgh is not included as a city selection within Google Maps and Weather
However, considering the Optibox Anaconda cost me over $200 and each blind scan takes close to 30 minutes to complete, I can live with the few flaws the Openbox Z5 receiver currently has.

The upcoming Manhattan receiver with ATSC is of much interest to me and if it provides additional channel and IPTV support, I'll probably purchase one.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts