Manhattan DSR-1500

scrungy_doolittle

Original poster
Mar 29, 2008
Years ago, I purchased a FTA system from the Hope Channel. It is a manhattan DSR-1500. I have long lost the manuals for it. The 36 inch dish is aimed at AMC4. I'm a SkyAngel Lifetime subscription member, but now SkyAngel is going off satellite. As of March 32.
I'd like to be able to add safetv to the manhattan.
I looked the info up on lyngsat and have tried programming the info I got from there, into my system, but I don't see any transceivers on the 4134 tp21. The manahttan doesn't give you the option of entering the PID/VID when defining a user channel.

I have done a scan across boquet's and on boquet 11 I find a lot of new fta channels, some are voice only, but on at least one frequency I get the full fox news feed fta, which is really nice, but NO SAFETV.

SafeTV is one of my favorite channels on skyangel.

So what are the programming steps for the Manhattan to allow me to get the Glorystar channels off AMC4?

Thanks for the help.

You could get a dual LNB kit from SatelliteAV, mount it and move your dish 2 degrees to 99W and adjust for best signal to add all the Christian channels from 97W. You are missing alot by only having 1 position.

It's an easy upgrade if you are even the least bit handy.

SafeTV is at 2 spots
AMC4 C-Band so you need a 6 foot or larger dish
G25/IA5/T5 KU so all you would needs is a 2nd LNB

You could get a dual LNB kit from SatelliteAV, mount it and move your dish 2 degrees to 99W and adjust for best signal to add all the Christian channels from 97W. You are missing alot by only having 1 position.

It's an easy upgrade if you are even the least bit handy.
Hope Channel has supplied dishes manufactured by different manufacturers so unless you have a dish made by Azure Shine the Glorystar 4° kit will not fit.
Bob

You could keep the dish aimed at the current satellite and mount a 2nd LNBF on the left side (standing in front of the dish) to receive the Galaxy25 channels using either a home fabricated mount or something like this 3LNBF Mount then run coax jumpers from both LNBFs into a 2x1 DiSEqC Switch. The receiver would need to be programmed for the switch settings and programmed for the transponders before aiming and scanning.

Channel management will be the biggest issue with the Manhattan DSR-1500 as it does not have Power Scan and each transponder will need to be manually updated. Many transponders have been changed on Telstar 5, err I mean IA5, err I mean Galaxy 25 since the DSR-1500 was manufactured. Not a very sensitive tuner, so you may have problems locking onto weaker or SCPC channels.

safetv

SafeTV is at 2 spots
AMC4 C-Band so you need a 6 foot or larger dish
G25/IA5/T5 KU so all you would needs is a 2nd LNB

Ah, thats the magic. I was just told by safe that amc4 is thier uplink, but they did not tell me that it was C band. I have a C band dish, I've just never put it up after obtaining it. It has both a KU and C band lnbs on it.

Unfortunatly, I don't have an azure shine type dish. My dad does, but both
of my dishes are earlier versions that don't have the small square tube that my dads satpro dish does. They have the wide flat arm. Geeze, I've had this setup for what, maybe 6 years or so?

NOW: looking at lyngsat.com I see safetv listed as being there on DVB.

AMC 4 at 101.0°W - LyngSat

4134 V
tp 21
Safe TV (USA) DVB 2170-3/4
4131 E
C John 2

but I don't get anything when I program my reciever for 4134, indeed I don't seem to get anything from 3709 through 4180, but I can pick up the other fta channels.
for example, I programmed it to get
11860 H did a scan and got all the channels. Deleted all that wern't fta, and even found Fox news there on enc11 or enc12,

Perhaps lyngsat is in error, and it should be C band, but they don't show it as c band.

Cheers
Woody

Deleted all that wern't fta, and even found Fox news there on enc11 or enc12,

Perhaps lyngsat is in error, and it should be C band, but they don't show it as c band.

Cheers
Woody
[/SIZE][/FONT]

Fox News and the bio channel have 2 channels each right now in the clear. 2 of them have AC3 audio and two of them have standard audio. Not sure why they are in the clear, but, they have been that way for a couple of weeks at least. They are part of The Hotel Networks mux.

You could keep the dish aimed at the current satellite and mount a 2nd LNBF on the left side (standing in front of the dish) to receive the Galaxy25 channels using either a home fabricated mount or something like this 3LNBF Mount ...
I noticed that the page for this mount now says New Design. Is this "new" since the special sale you ran prior to Christmas? I picked up a couple of these kits back then and am interested in what (if any) differences there might be with the current version.

Thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts