GEOSATpro manhattan rs-1933 satellite positions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

steyve

Original poster
Feb 19, 2015
florida
hi. I am new to this and a little confused on the satellite positions on my manhattan rs-1933. according to the list of fta satellites the metv, hi tv and movies network is on 101.o w ses1. when I bring it up on my satellite list and tune it in, the receiver says I am on 103.0w ses-3. so my question is do I need to rename the current satellite and try to find 103.ow? I also have 105.ow programmed in and getting the nasa feeds. I am using my Motorola dsr922 as a dish mover with a 8' dish. any help would be appreciated thanks

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Styve!!

You somehow have a corrupt satellite list. That receiver, being a few years old probably is way out dated in the transponder list; unless it has been recently updated. I would just delete the transponders if you are sure where you are in the arc and re-blind scan each bird. Then you will have an updated list. Transponders come and go all the time and also change what is on them.

Welcome to SatelliteGuys Styve!!

You somehow have a corrupt satellite list. That receiver, being a few years old probably is way out dated in the transponder list; unless it has been recently updated. I would just delete the transponders if you are sure where you are in the arc and re-blind scan each bird. Then you will have an updated list. Transponders come and go all the time and also change what is on them.

thanks for the info. thought that might be the situation but wasn't for sure. thanks for letting me know about this website and the lnb I ordered from you arrived today. I bought the manhattan rs-1933 last year but don't know when it was manufactured. I do know my satellite position 105.0w is correct as I have the dc2 light and able to get program information from programming-center.com. they even did a re hit for me to verify it was working correctly. I am still new to the fta community but from what I have seen on the satellite, I am happy with it. once I get everything hooked back up and programmed correctly, I am cutting the cord to direct tv. a bunch of pirates that like to dig deep into your pockets.

Reactions: danristheman
Let us know as you go along with it how things are going, don't be a stranger! Glad to hear the new LNBF got your 4DTV back up and running.

Let us know as you go along with it how things are going, don't be a stranger! Glad to hear the new LNBF got your 4DTV back up and running.

thanks Michael. I am sure I will be asking more questions as they arise plus looking on here for information on c band and fta. I did see a picture of a guy on here who put a ku lnb on his big dish and was wondering if I could do the same on my big dish. I have ku lnb and can fabricate a bracket such as he did on his. I was just wondering how to point the lnb. it looks like he pointed it to the center of the dish. also, would I have any problems since I have a wire mesh dish. thanks

I used to have Ku on the BUD, with good LNB's and an ADL C/Ku feedhorn. Found my 30 inch offset dish worked much better. So I mounted the 30 inch to the BUD. Would have worked better if the mesh had been more metal and less air space. (Like a perforated) And upgraded the BUD to an C band LNBF. Only trying it will 'tell' how your's does. Yes, aiming the Ku LNBF at the center of the dish is recommended. Be aware, aiming the BUD for Ku must be very accurate, more accurate than for C band alone, so don't expect great performance from the 'get go' as 'tweaking' will be required.
Forgot to mention, should also use a Ku LNBF designed for a prime focus if you 'marry' it to the BUD - SatAV SL 1P is one. An LNBF for a offset dish will see very little of the dish.

so in the long run it may be better to just use a separate offset dish for the ku side and use my bud for the cband side. so far, I am happy with the c band side once I figure out the locations of the satellites. more fun as I enjoy the hunt. lol. can you hook up 2 receivers to one offset dish using a motor? or would I have to use separate dishes for that configuration. this way I can use the fta in both rooms.

2 RECEIVERS - ONE DISH - Can be done a couple of different ways, each has it's own peculiarities. Dual output LNBF - each has total control over polarity for channels. One can watch a V channel while the other can tune in H polarity channels. Only one can operate the motor.
Diode steered splitter. One receiver can override the other switching to a H channel. Either can operate the motor.
I've got many rooms where I can watch the FTA. Modulator, connected to receiver, feeds them all via coax. Operate single receiver with 'remote extenders'.

thanks to all that replied to my post. right now, I have 4dtv up and running, fta receiver up and running on cband. took fatair's advise and got an ku lnb for the bud that fits a prime focus, but haven't installed as of yet. right now on fta, I am getting the following c band satellites for my fta. 107.3, 105.0, 103.0, 101.0, 99.0, 97.0, 91.0.
I am in the process of getting my ota antenna put up and in a couple of days, good bye direct tv and the ever increasing pricing. even with going with the programming center for cband 4dtv, I am saving 60%. the offset of what I have had to purchase for the fta and other misc. items will pay for itself in less than 6 months. didn't really lose any channels, but, gained a bush I have never seen nor heard of.

just wanted to say thanks to all especially Michael who turned me on to this website. will update more in a week or so to let everyone know how it is going. plus, I am sure I will have other questions as time goes on. those who say cband is dead, is completely with their head in the sand.

I just recently did the same with OTA, put my antenna back up. Only get 13 channels but that is 13 free channels. I've had DISH off and on over the years. This is the longest I have went with out turning it back on, just too expensive for what crap that is on there. There is some good shows I like on pay TV, but I can find them on other sources.

Welcome steyve, sounds like you are seriously cutting the cord, with C band and OTA. You'll have so much to watch it'll be hard to make a decision! Glad to hear your progress. Sounds great.

Reactions: danristheman
thanks for all of the comments. very appreciated.

well to update, I have my ota antenna up and running and i receive 25 channels free (transmitter 80 miles away and this is all of the channels I get in my area). I used the lava hd-2605 amplified antenna which is atop a 30' pole to get the best reception since I live out in the country. direct tv wasn't too happy with me when I called and cancelled with them, even offered a $20 reduction in my over $100 bill which didn't make sense. also, when I mentioned that I went back to my 1st generation dish and was not happy with their 2nd generation dish, they had no idea what I was talking about. also mentioned to them that I went back to my (BUD) and still they had no idea what I was talking about. when I mentioned that along with my bud, fta, and ota I was getting over 200 clear channels, they didn't know what to say. even went as far as asking what ota and fta meant. so, I told them what that was and they mentioned they would have to look into that as they had never heard of either one. make one wonder.

anyhow, everything is up and running thanks to some help here on this forum. for that guys, thank you.

as Michael said there are shows that I cannot get that are on dish and direct tv, but, I can watch some shows by streaming history channel and discovery channel on the computer. plus, I have a smart tv so I can watch movies on Netflix whenever I want to see one.

now that this is sort of behind me, I was wondering if there are any companies that plan on replacing the 4dtv with something newer or maybe someone here knows of something that I am not aware of.

have a nice day.

Welcome steyve, sounds like you are seriously cutting the cord, with C band and OTA. You'll have so much to watch it'll be hard to make a decision! Glad to hear your progress. Sounds great.
I had c band in the past and was talked into this direct tv stuff when my wife's parents were staying with us a few years ago.i have always enjoyed my bud and never did like direc tv as I always looked at them as a glorified cable company. so, now it is back to my roots with c band and fta and ota. I am simply amazed at the channels out there in the clear that are free to those who will do a little work to get them. thanks for the support and will be updating as I get things in place.
thanks

There is something to be said about receiving a distant signal without some middle-man company charging you $ and controlling what you see. Knowing that there's only you at the receiving end and the broadcaster's antenna at the other end keeps it not only simple but more interesting. It's nice to be in charge of what you see and walk your own road.

Reactions: FTA4PA
update. since leaving directv behind, I haven't missed it at all. I don't have the outages any longer like with them and enjoy hd quality on ota tv. should have done this a lot sooner. in some cases I stream some shows on the computer, so, I haven't missed anything. plus, I just found out my local area ota tv just added 2 more free channels to the list. if anyone has any doubts about pulling the plug on pay tv then I hope this will help them decide. now, I can take the money usually spent on the pay tv and direct it to better uses. hope this helps someone

Reactions: KE4EST
When cable first arrived here there were only the 3(the networks) ABC, NBC and CBS via an antenna.
Now there are 4 PBS channels added (cable only carries 1 of the channels) NBC has CBS and ME as subchannels. And ABC added The CW subchannel. FOX also 'signed ON'.
And the transmitter vacated when the CBS was delegated to a sub-channel now has 8 so called sub channels.
(Just hope they get their ducks in a row and get them all 'fired up' continuously http://www.avsforum.com/forum/45-local-hdtv-info-reception/391243-fargo-nd-hdtv-70.html )

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts