Manhattan's Future 4K Receiver Discussion

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Imagine that it was an identical post made on the legalfreetoair forum in the Manhattan 4k thread.

I have worked with the manufacturer in question and empathize with the situation. Been there...

It is an unfortunate situation when a production partner backdoors you. I have pulled projects, ended production and relationships for the same reason.

This hisilicon platform was in development by several different distributors with the same manufacturer and they had also offered it to me last year. No Thanks.

Imagine that it was an identical post made on the legalfreetoair forum in the Manhattan 4k thread.

I have worked with the manufacturer in question and empathize with the situation. Been there...

It is an unfortunate situation when a production partner backdoors you. I have pulled projects, ended production and relationships for the same reason.

This hisilicon platform was in development by several different distributors with the same manufacturer and they had also offered it to me last year. No Thanks.
I wondered if something like this might not have been the case. Makes you wonder how a company can stay in business with such practices unless they are the only game in town and even then........

looks like the plan is for a 4K/iptv unit. No triple play. Different chipset. We shall see how this goes.

Catamount

Got a good question here since he has the 1978 models out can you switch out tuners. Like how the linkbox has its dual tuner. Just add another one in for 4k? People that order a 1978 model get an upgrade kit to go with it?

I don't get it. I had a Quali-TV STB that did 4.2.2 like 12 years ago. Still here boxed up in a closet with the other old relics. After all this time I'd expect every new STB to have that capability. I guess yet another thing to make me glad I switched to DVB cards and no longer have these limitations.

I'm pretty sure the dj-1997 was a back door of the geosatpro hdvr1200.

I'm taking the day off for a change and blowing the dust of a USB tuner and going for NASA 4K today :)

Reactions: bigg t
Looks like Jeff has started designing a different 4k receiver. Didnt mention anything about atsc 3.0 but did mention 4.2.2, 4k and ip.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)