Mankato, MN Locals???

KEYC & KEYC-DT2 (AKA Fox Mankato) are uplinked on Dish at the 110 slot (SD only) to the same spotbeam as Minneapolis and Duluth are.

The issue is right now Dish cannot sell networks that are out of market to you. Since you get a price break for no locals (at least I think you still do, they dont want to turn on 2 locals for your market. I think the newest locals law for the FCC (STELA) will allow Dish to fill in markets that dont have all the locals with neighboring markets (like cable does)

I have Directv and have Mankato locals (well LOCAL) ;). They can import the Minneapolis (missing) locals so I get
KEYC 12
KSTP 5
KARE 11
KMSP 9
National PBS (NOT KTCA)
there is some confusion as to what CW & My I should get. When I run an address on D* site I get CW out of Washington DC (thats the CW for markets without one) and no My....but for some reason I get WUCW (23) and WFTC (29) from Minneapolis. I do not get Mankato Fox (it isnt uplinked on D*)...kinda wish I did :)

If I could hazard a guess, I'd say yes you wouldn't get Fox 9. I know on cable (both HickoryTech and Charter) they get both but (from what I've read) all national programming is blacked out on Fox 9 forcing you to watch Fox Mankato.

Sadly cable rules and satellite rules for significantly viewed/imported locals are dramatically different. I know cable has almost all the Mpls locals (except CW & KSTC 45) and KAAL Austin but satellite is just the locals to fufill the market of all 4 nets. Thats why I dont get WCCO on D*

I'm kinda shocked Directv hasnt got Fox Mankato uplinked yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts