Manual timer creation on Hopper 3

wa6rht

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Jan 11, 2004
Modesto, CA
I am trying to create a manual timer for tomorrow's NASCAR race. I can go into the manual timer screen, select the channel, select the frequency as once. When I then try to set the date I get a calendar which is labeled June 2016 but is not the correct one and will not let me select any dates (see picture). If I change the month to July, it shows the first week in July at the bottom of the calendar and I can select dates but still cannot do anything with June. Any ideas?
ImageUploadedBySatelliteGuys1465180939.794028.jpg

I am trying to create a manual timer for tomorrow's NASCAR race. I can go into the manual timer screen, select the channel, select the frequency as once. When I then try to set the date I get a calendar which is labeled June 2016 but is not the correct one and will not let me select any dates (see picture). If I change the month to July, it shows the first week in July at the bottom of the calendar and I can select dates but still cannot do anything with June. Any ideas?View attachment 117336
Is there are reason you don't just set a regular timer and extend the finish time?

Is there are reason you don't just set a regular timer and extend the finish time?

The race was rain delayed today and will be run tomorrow so it doesn't show in guide. I was going to create a manual timer from 9 AM to 3 PM to catch it if it was delayed again.

The race was rain delayed today and will be run tomorrow so it doesn't show in guide. I was going to create a manual timer from 9 AM to 3 PM to catch it if it was delayed again.
If a reboot doesn't fix things you could just Record everything on fs1 during that time period. :)

I am trying to create a manual timer for tomorrow's NASCAR race. I can go into the manual timer screen, select the channel, select the frequency as once. When I then try to set the date I get a calendar which is labeled June 2016 but is not the correct one and will not let me select any dates (see picture). If I change the month to July, it shows the first week in July at the bottom of the calendar and I can select dates but still cannot do anything with June. Any ideas?View attachment 117336
I ran into the same thing a while ago... couldn't select dates I wanted and it seemed like picking times was a problem as well. I'm not sure exactly what happened, but its working OK now. It appears that "Manual Timers" need work before it's a very useful recording tool.

Just noticed something else - when I do try to create a timer. the AM/PM selection doesn't work if "daily", "weekly", or "weekdays" is selected for FREQUENCY - so I can't actually set the time except for "once".
I just realized that I can only move the "time" from 5 until 11PM, period.
One of the DIRT folks on the other board say that this is a "known issue" and that they are working on it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)