Manual timer end time cannot be later then 11:59 pm on Hopper 3

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

vlogical1

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Atlanta GA
The manual timer (create a timer) on the Hopper 3 will not allow an end time of later then 11:59 pm. For example is not currently possible to set a manual timer from 9 pm to 2 am. There have been several software updates since the Hopper 3 first came out but this has not been fixed yet as of the latest software of U313. The option to set a manual recording that has an end time of later then 11:59 pm is available on the HWS.

Could Scott or someone from Dish please report this issue to Dish. This is an important functionality that was previously present but was removed from the Hopper 3. As recently Scott opened a thread regarding OTA recording problems and I think this issue should also be addressed by Dish.

Also if for some reason there is a problem for Dish programmers to allow for a manual timer to begin on one day and finish on the next they could always allow the user to set a start time for a timer and then instead of having an end time have a length of recording instead of an end time. This is how Direct TV does the manual timer.

Speaking of manual timers (or "create a timer") we have to select a particular channel which creates "seek" instead of DVR. I noticed that when I recorded a ball game last week, I was asked if I wanted to "record all future games". I said "yes" and I noticed that the "seek" timer the system created was for "all channels". There doesn't seem to be a way to do that manually - or am I just missing it? That would really help cut down on multiple timers for the same program on different channels.

The manual timer (create a timer) on the Hopper 3 will not allow an end time of later then 11:59 pm. For example is not currently possible to set a manual timer from 9 pm to 2 am. There have been several software updates since the Hopper 3 first came out but this has not been fixed yet as of the latest software of U313. The option to set a manual recording that has an end time of later then 11:59 pm is available on the HWS.

Could Scott or someone from Dish please report this issue to Dish. This is an important functionality that was previously present but was removed from the Hopper 3. As recently Scott opened a thread regarding OTA recording problems and I think this issue should also be addressed by Dish.

Also if for some reason there is a problem for Dish programmers to allow for a manual timer to begin on one day and finish on the next they could always allow the user to set a start time for a timer and then instead of having an end time have a length of recording instead of an end time. This is how Direct TV does the manual timer.

You would think they could do that. As a work around can you set it to 11:59 then go back and extend the manual timer 90 minutes? (Of course you could do a second timer, again not ideal)

You would think they could do that. As a work around can you set it to 11:59 then go back and extend the manual timer 90 minutes? (Of course you could do a second timer, again not ideal)
I already tried, but unfortunately you can not extend and add time to the end of manual timers the way you can to timers set thru the guide.

Reactions: dare2be

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts