Manual Timers on a 622

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

MikeF

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 2, 2003
I now have a major gripe with my 622. Why can't you set a manual timer. Since the Nascar race was postponed from yesterday I went to FX and programmed in what was on at 11:00 AM Central, race start time. I then went and edited the ending time to make a 6 hour record window. All should have been fine and I should have been able to watch the race. BUT NO, this POS 622 decided to fire the timer an hour early and then only record for 2 of the 6 hours I had set. I now have a fine recording of the first 40 laps of the race and it stopped recording. WTHF gives with this piece of crap? But wait, maybe I shouldn't complain so much. At least this receiver, my third in a month, has worked for a week without rebooting or SBSOD's. I guess I am expecting maybe too much from Charlie :mad: :mad:

Hey MikeF,

I set up my timer to record FX the exact same way and I only had 40 laps of the race recorded. I think it was a software bug. The 622 apparently recorded the 2 hour movie that was listed in the guide and ignored the extended time that I added to the movie. I also set a timer on my local OTA Fox station and it only recorded the 30 minute show that was listed in the guide and ignored the extended time that I added to the recording. What a PITA!!!

Last edited:
Manual Timer on 622

You can set manual timers on the 622. I recorded the entire race on my Fox OTA HD channel. From the daily schedule screen, got to your timers. In there is an option for setting manual timers. Just be careful to check the date because it defaults to the current day. Had my 622 for three weeks now and have not had a single problem or had to reboot.....knock on wood !!

dfergie said:
Good Race... even if it was SD... I watched on D* but my 622 fired perfectly yesterday for the Rain Delay....
I was busy working in the yard and forgot about the race on Monday until 1/3 of it had elapsed. What happened to Casey Kayne? He should have been up near the front but was out of the race.:confused:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts