Manually tune sub channel with a hr20

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

titanman100

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 10, 2007
Channel 36.2 retro tv has come available in my area and when I do a scan for off air channels on my hr20 it does not come up. I know that direct tv needs to add this station but that can take months or years. Is there a way to manually tune in this station.

Nope, best bet would be to contact your local station & tell them to get their correct subchannel mapping updated w/Tribune Media Services. Explain to them that until THEY do this, you CANNOT see their new sub(s)... ;)

HA HA HA .... right....

That "may" work. My local station WCIU 26-5 has been updated on Tribune's database for 2 months. It doesn't appear on my AM-21 or HR-20. I called directv 5 times, wrote them 12 emails and called the local station to ask them to contact DirecTV.

Result: Still not updated 2 months later. The lack of a channel scan on these tuners BLOWS BIG TIME. Whoever OK'd that lack of a channel scan @ DirecTV needs a labotomy.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)