MANY HD CHANNELS GONE ON 72 WEST?

I had volunteered to go to Texas to support the local guys down there, but I had an offer to come home to Buffalo, NY instead for 2 weeks and work (Haven't been home in 12 years). If Florida does get hit, I'd be trying to get a trip down there to help out. I'm praying for those people already, just in case

I think both Dish and Directv have their days counted. Future belongs to Internet TV. They have to go to 4K now or they die earlier. Bye Dish...welcome Amazon TV...

I think both Dish and Directv have their days counted. Future belongs to Internet TV. They have to go to 4K now or they die earlier. Bye Dish...welcome Amazon TV...

13,000,000 and 20,000,000 customers are ALOT to switch to IP based delivery. Many of which might not even have fixed internet service, or might not have it available. Perhaps IP based one day, but that will be far, far, far in the future. There will ALWAYS be a place for satellite in communications.

There are many rural customers like my sister and dad that have very slow internet. Internet TV will not work for them. Try streaming with a download speed less than 1 Mbps. It is not pretty.

There are many rural customers like my sister and dad that have very slow internet. Internet TV will not work for them. Try streaming with a download speed less than 1 Mbps. It is not pretty.

That's the same way it is here right now.
I can get 3.5-4.0 Mbps here, but that's as fast as we can get right now.
Our electric co-op is in the process of wiring the entire county with fiber.
Right now it's in the two largest towns.
Next year they plan to begin rolling out all over the county.
It will probably be two years or so before it is available where I live.
Can't wait for it to get here they're offering 100Mbps and 1Gbps service.

That's the same way it is here right now.
I can get 3.5-4.0 Mbps here, but that's as fast as we can get right now.
Our electric co-op is in the process of wiring the entire county with fiber.
Right now it's in the two largest towns.
Next year they plan to begin rolling out all over the county.
It will probably be two years or so before it is available where I live.
Can't wait for it to get here they're offering 100Mbps and 1Gbps service.
I only have 3mb down and I stream Netflix just fine. But that's probably only 720p. 4k would need fiber speeds. Especially for multiple streams.

I only have 3mb down and I stream Netflix just fine. But that's probably only 720p. 4k would need fiber speeds. Especially for multiple streams.

I watch Netflix, Hulu, and Amazon too, but it takes up all your bandwidth, and you have to use another connection to use the internet for anything else. I have HughesNet for that. I tried to get another DSL line, but CenturyLink is exhausted in this area and they aren't putting anyone else on the DSLAM.

Is Dish still planning to add the Olympic Channel to their lineup. I have not seen it uplinked. I didn't know if it was put on hold with the Hurricane in Houston and flooding in the Houston suburbs.
I thought about that, also!!!! Have you seen it uplinked? I also thought after what happened in Texas with Hurricane Harvey, maybe, that was a reason why it was not uplinked!!!

From James Long's uplink report:

10 changes seen 9/27/17 at 3:16pm ET (v01)

New Uplinks / Mappings - Channels NOT Available
389 OLYMP The Olympics Channel added to 110° TP 13 (HD *TEST* Hidden) Regional Restriction
389 OLYMP The Olympics Channel added to 72.7° TP 24 (HD *TEST* Hidden) Regional Restriction

Reactions: HipKat

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)