Marantz BD8002 Blu-ray Player Hits Japan In June, Is Damn Expensive

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

gadgtfreek

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
May 29, 2006
Lower Alabama
Marantz BD8002 Blu-ray Player Hits Japan In June, Is Damn Expensive | TV Snob - TVSnob.com

WOWSERS :eek:

Remember that high-end Marantz Blu-ray player we told you about back during CES in Vegas? You know, the Marantz BD8002 with a second quarter expected launch date. It'll officially be hitting Japanese shelves in June. The 1080/24p Blu-ray with a 10-bit Silicon Optix Realta chipset and a 7.1 channel sound output will cost 336, 000 Yen. Now get this, that's about $3208 in the United States. Talk about paying a premium, eh!

Well upper end BD players are $700-$1000. This is marantz's first BD, so that adds about $500 and being a Marantz adds about $500.

Now is it 2x better? Not sure about that. If it was around $1K I would buy one.

I have their SR7002 Receiver and DV7001 DVD players and they are fantastic units. Very good build quality and the components are top notch inside. I've had Marantz products for about 12 years and I will keep with them. I've also have/had older recievers, CD players, Tape players from them.

Do expensive top grade components do better in the long run than cheap mass market items? I would not look to buy a high end BD player at this time because the technology is changing too fast. In a couple years when hardware and software reach a steady shape, then a more expensive player might have features that make it worthwhile.

Direct currency conversions never work. They always pay more overseas, particularly Japan. Look for it to be the same price as the Denon in the states. 2K.

S~

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts