Marantz Updates AVP with DTS:X, HDMI 2.0a & HDCP 2.2

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Marantz is continuing to update its component-audio line to prepare for the latest Ultra HD video technologies and object-based surround formats with the planned launch of the $2,199 7702MkII A/V processor (AVP).

The networked model, due in October, adds HDMI 2.0awith HDCP 2.2 copy protection on all HDMI inputs compared with its predecessor. It also adds DTS:Xobject-based surround decoding when a firmware upgrade is available. The timing of DTS:X firmware upgrades from Marantz and sister brand Denon has not been announced.

Like its predecessor, the AVP features Dolby Atmos object-based surround decoding, built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth, and compatibility with a $199 upgrade to add Auro-3D surround decoding up to 10.1 channels.

twice.com

I owned the first AV7702 and sold it once I decided UHD might be in my future. Well I got this guy in Friday

IMG_0085_zps5jepfkpf.jpg

Only other difference between the old and new versions is this one has 32bit DAC's. Setup was easy, but I know D&M products like the back of my hand.

After Chad finished the video cal yesterday I went ahead and had him do an Audy Pro Cal. He is also setup now where he checks the Audy Pro results with REW and tweaks the house curve where he can. A big thing we found was I had a large dip at 20hz that XT32 did not correct, which we were able to fix with sub settings. My sub response is now much better and they have usable energy down to about 14hz.

Something I have always fought is going below 80hz on the xover, but he showed me that we could go lower and my speakers are now crossed at 40hz. Looking at REW this is a good point, the way the speakers blend, and audibly it sounds better.

He threw in a concert disc and cranked it, and what we found was going from 80 to 60hz on the fly cleaned things up. 60hz had more separation and 80hz was too in your face. It further separated from 60 to 40, while not as extreme, but changing on the fly pointed to 40hz as the best choice.

Everything will get the full test tonight on The Revenant UHD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)