March has come and gone

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you look at their web site under DVR receivers it no longer says "Availible soon" for the 921, it said "Available exclusively at participating retailers" and this is also the answer I got from Dish when I e-mailed them to ask them when the 921 will be coming off Q & A hold.

vssll's site now says: "not in stock" instead of the "available end of march" quote they had before.
also there pricing catagories have changed.
maybe there off q&a but are still not shipping for some reason.

also I see some of the receivers sent back to dish are finally coming back to people, as I saw in a different thread.

needless to say:
any yea....uh....any day now I'm sure they'll probably start shipping them- yeah... right! :mad:

Maybe a mass Email drive on the next Charlie Chat would help get some reliable info. I suggest;-

Dear Charlie,
Two questions
1; When are you going to ship the 921?
2; When are you going to stop treating your paying customers like uneducated morons with peanuts for brains. We are adult videophiles willing to shell out $1000.0 for a buggy piece of electronics, mainly because it is a great concept. We can handle the truth Charlie. Surely you didn't get where you are today due to a lack of integrity.

You have to wonder how many people want one. I called two of the dealers in my town and one said he had preorders for 20 and the other 13. I don't know how many on Dishstore's waiting list or Dishdepot's, but Mainstreet shows 125 on theirs. I had planned to get one at the beginning of March with my bonus from work, but instead spent it on stereo equipment. Oh well, maybe next year. :no

If you jump over the the www.tivocommunity.com forum and look at the pre-order thread on the HD DirecTivo, you can see there is a large pent up demand for a HD PVR. There's one online retailer that has over 500 preorders with other places with preorder lists in the hundreds.

You know whats funny about the HD Tivo Pre Orders is that all these folks on Pre Order Lists will not get a unit.

I have been told by 3 seperate DirecTV people that the HD Tivo will be released first to the big chain store (Best Buy, Circuit City) before they are made available to retailers.

As for 921's we are not expecting any in until the end of May or Early June. :(

Scott Greczkowski said:

Sounds like they found something major if it will be that long - guess I know where my tax refund will be going.

Scott Greczkowski said:
You know whats funny about the HD Tivo Pre Orders is that all these folks on Pre Order Lists will not get a unit.

I have been told by 3 seperate DirecTV people that the HD Tivo will be released first to the big chain store (Best Buy, Circuit City) before they are made available to retailers.

Scott, that's strange since that's not the buzz that we're getting. If you wade through the hundreds of pages in the preorder thread it looks like the big B&M's aren't in any special position to get the units before others. Robert from Value Electronics is saying that he's in line to get a large number of units in the first few batches and expects to have all his preorders taken care of by the end of April or early May, even with the one week pushback.

Scott Greczkowski said:

Ouch ! That hurt,
end of May June?
What happened? How reliable are your C.I.'s ? are they the people who distribute to you? Scott we all feel completely hung out to dry here, it's getting ridiculous.

Scott Greczkowski said:

My credit card was charged Friday for the HD Tivo. Shipping Tuesday and should have on Wednesday:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)