Marquee Sports Network

Cubs1

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 12, 2019
Illinois
I’m wonder what channels will be on for new cubs channels and I’m wonder does package including Marquee Sports Network or pay for it ? Just wondering thank you I
Have directv I need to know

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I’m wonder what channels will be on for new cubs channels and I’m wonder does package including Marquee Sports Network or pay for it ? Just wondering thank you I
Have directv I need to know

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys
I would guess if you dont live in Chicago market than sports pack would be required .

But not sure

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I would guess if you dont live in Chicago market than sports pack would be required .

But not sure

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Or MLB EI.

HIs profile shows he lives in Illinois, so he may get it with Sports PAck with out the EI ... kinda depends on Where in Illinois I guess.
If hes in the Chicago area, he won't need the EI.

If the OP was getting the Cubs BEFORE on Comcast Sports Chicago, (in his base pkg) he should get them on Marquee as well...simple as that, since the Cubs boundaries shouldn't have changed

AT&T renewed their contract with Sinclair not long ago and it included carriage of their upcoming Marquee Sports Network across all their TV platforms: DirecTV, AT&T TV and Uverse TV.

Reactions: dtv757 and c-spand
I wonder if they’ll all be called Marquee Sports Network or Sinclair Sports Network?

I thought they were going with Stadium?

I think Marquee will only be used for the Chicago RSN carrying the Cubs. It's thought that they may rename all those Fox Sports RSNs to "Diamond Sports," e.g. Diamond Sports South. This is because Sinclair formed a subsidiary called Diamond Sports Group, LLC to serve as the owner of those RSNs that they recently bought from Disney (which in turn had acquired them from Fox).

As for Stadium, that's the name of Sinclair's nationwide odds-and-ends sports network. They carry it as a free subchannel on many of their local OTA stations. Here in Nashville, it's on channel WNAB 58.2. They also include it on free streaming platforms, like their own STIRR app, Pluto TV, Xumo, etc. You can also find it in certain cable TV packages.

I think Marquee will only be used for the Chicago RSN carrying the Cubs. It's thought that they may rename all those Fox Sports RSNs to "Diamond Sports," e.g. Diamond Sports South. This is because Sinclair formed a subsidiary called Diamond Sports Group, LLC to serve as the owner of those RSNs that they recently bought from Disney (which in turn had acquired them from Fox).

As for Stadium, that's the name of Sinclair's nationwide odds-and-ends sports network. They carry it as a free subchannel on many of their local OTA stations. Here in Nashville, it's on channel WNAB 58.2. They also include it on free streaming platforms, like their own STIRR app, Pluto TV, Xumo, etc. You can also find it in certain cable TV packages.

Has there been any news on the plans to rebrand, I assume they want to be ready for baseball season which is only 6 weeks away. There really hasn't been any news since the buyout.

Has there been any news on the plans to rebrand, I assume they want to be ready for baseball season which is only 6 weeks away. There really hasn't been any news since the buyout.

I'm not aware of any news on a potential rebranding of Fox Sports to Diamond Sports. Nor am I aware even of any solid rumor that they *will* do that. I think it's only been speculation that I've read, although maybe from actual industry sources (not just random forum posters like me).

As far as the timing of when such a rebranding might happen, I'm not sure it would have anything to do with the start of baseball season necessarily. Those RSNs carry lots of different sports and so it's always the middle of some season or other. For instance, if they rebranded just before baseball season, that's midway through hockey season. But given that those channels have zero affiliation with Fox any more, I do think that they'll get rebranded at some point...

I'm not aware of any news on a potential rebranding of Fox Sports to Diamond Sports. Nor am I aware even of any solid rumor that they *will* do that. I think it's only been speculation that I've read, although maybe from actual industry sources (not just random forum posters like me).

As far as the timing of when such a rebranding might happen, I'm not sure it would have anything to do with the start of baseball season necessarily. Those RSNs carry lots of different sports and so it's always the middle of some season or other. For instance, if they rebranded just before baseball season, that's midway through hockey season. But given that those channels have zero affiliation with Fox any more, I do think that they'll get rebranded at some point...
Fox only licensed the name for so long. I thought it was just a year after the sale.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)