Marquee Sports Network

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Per someone over at the other site, it will not be available with the sports pack. How lame.

Somebody else there said they are getting the same message and they are in the suburbs of Chicago. Hopefully there is a mistake and it will actually be turned on properly. I didn't see there where it was definitely not available in the SP there.

Yes I'm out of market (VA) and have sports pack + MLB EI and getting 721 on marquee

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

I just tuned in to see if it shows up and its giving a 721, to sub to it, as it should ...
However, you'd think new channels would be on free for a few days at least to get people interested.

I typically get the Ei package, but they STILL don't show spring training games, for some unknown reason.

Spent about 45 minutes on a chat last night with a CSR and her supervisor. Trust me , they are as frustrated as we are. They made many offers of credits to my account and other things. I told them I just want the programming. The technical support department at ATT is horrible and apparently could give a sh*t less about getting it solved. They have jknown the start up date for months. I also don't understand how some people say they are getting the program.

Reactions: goaliebob99
Spent about 45 minutes on a chat last night with a CSR and her supervisor. Trust me , they are as frustrated as we are. They made many offers of credits to my account and other things. I told them I just want the programming. The technical support department at ATT is horrible and apparently could give a sh*t less about getting it solved. They have jknown the start up date for months. I also don't understand how some people say they are getting the program.
I find it rather interesting that I can stream it on my Roku and my IPad, but still get the 721 message on DTV.

I find it rather interesting that I can stream it on my Roku and my IPad, but still get the 721 message on DTV.

I did called directv they say negotiations almost done agreement I told them they already agreement from October 2019 don’t making no sense negotiating now and couple hours should be done then channel 664 will be on that what they say it’s suppose on 664 yesterday I know it’s no making no sense but lot of company providing about agreement and they agree but last min still negotiating I’m like wow thank lot I missed cubs game I want to watch

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I did called directv they say negotiations almost done agreement I told them they already agreement from October 2019 don’t making no sense negotiating now and couple hours should be done then channel 664 will be on that what they say it’s suppose on 664 yesterday I know it’s no making no sense but lot of company providing about agreement and they agree but last min still negotiating I’m like wow thank lot I missed cubs game I want to watch

Sounds like the same thing that Dish did with the ACC network. They had everyone upset because it wasn't up and running when they first started and finally got it on when the college football season started.:facepalm

Just called DirecTV as well and was told it's not in the sports pack. Who is the idiot who negotiated that one? They need to be canned, because apparently they think cubs fans only reside in Illinois. How this was not included in the sports pack is a head-scratcher as this should have been in that package from day one.

Reactions: longhorn23
Just called DirecTV as well and was told it's not in the sports pack. Who is the idiot who negotiated that one? They need to be canned, because apparently they think cubs fans only reside in Illinois. How this was not included in the sports pack is a head-scratcher as this should have been in that package from day one.
So if you wanted in in sports pack all you will get is reruns of cub stuff and a pre and past game correct? If you are out of market either way you need MLB TV.
The owner of the cubs said straight out this is for them to generate more income for the team....When he said that and that the ballpark overruns of $800 million that they were looking to cut salary and trade away a top 5 3rd baseman. Its only about the money, isnt it?

Reactions: SamCdbs
Finally cubs DIRECTV’s worked now I live Chicago 3 days without those channel now finally worked let u people know

Reactions: dtv757 and Jimbo
It's pretty redicilious that it's not in the Sports pack - but I blame this entirely on Directv. These channels have an in-market rate and an out-of-market rate. Out of market essentially is Sports pack, and some viewed would get pro games, some wouldn't, depending on their zip code and the MLB market rules. So Iowa, for example, would get the games with sports pack, but not with a regular package. Instead, by not including it, DirecTV is blocking an entire area from viewing a team, that is considered by MLB to be their home market. Anyone in Iowa getting this channel, I doubt it - which is simply wrong. It's also counter-intuitive to have all RSNs include in the sports pack except one - duh. I agree with Bob entirely - someone needs to be fired.

Reactions: longhorn23
It's pretty redicilious that it's not in the Sports pack - but I blame this entirely on Directv. These channels have an in-market rate and an out-of-market rate. Out of market essentially is Sports pack, and some viewed would get pro games, some wouldn't, depending on their zip code and the MLB market rules. So Iowa, for example, would get the games with sports pack, but not with a regular package. Instead, by not including it, DirecTV is blocking an entire area from viewing a team, that is considered by MLB to be their home market. Anyone in Iowa getting this channel, I doubt it - which is simply wrong. It's also counter-intuitive to have all RSNs include in the sports pack except one - duh. I agree with Bob entirely - someone needs to be fired.
I'm thinking the opposite, I'm thinking its a Marquee Network issue of wanting special status.
I think D* would look as it being another RSN and put it in the Sport Package if they could.

Reactions: AZ.

It could be either Marquee or Directv that's to blame, most likely the blame is shared - if I had to guess I'd say Marquee's pricing was out of line with what Directv wanted to pay for out of market customers and they would have had to raise the price of the sports pack by a buck or two just from the addition of one channel. So they opted to carry it in region only.

If that's the situation, then whether you feel Directv or Marquee is to blame depends on your point of view. A Cubs fan will say "I'd pay another couple dollars for the sports pack to watch my team" while a fan of another team would be pissed at having to pay more for a channel they don't watch.

Now, will the Cubs games be available on the Extra Innings package if the Marquee channel is up in the air like this ?
I would hope so . I have seen a few Phillies games last year via MLB EI on D* and D* does not carry NBC SN philly.

Just using that as an example

I dont remember Dodgers.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jimbo
So Iowa, for example, would get the games with sports pack, but not with a regular package.
So do you think those living in the outer rings are not getting the games now with sports pack, but instead now have to subscribe to the MLBEI package?

I guess we will have to wait and see.

Now, will the Cubs games be available on the Extra Innings package if the Marquee channel is up in the air like this ?
The Yankees and Dodger are, there is no reason Cubs wont be on...I still dont understand there is very little programing that channel will offer and will repeat the same showes over and over....Yes if your in the Cubs coverage you will get the games, the rest of us blocked out.....How many times will the repeat the same Ernie Banks story?...Watch a cub game from 15 years ago?...

This is all about the money.....Management said it at the Cub convention!.....and was booed

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It is getting very irritating as I await the arrival of Marquee on Directv. They have failed to deliver an advertised channel. It is starting to appear that the channel will not be available on a national basis. Just another scam of their customers. God I wish there was another avenue to get the sports that I want.

Reactions: whitewolf8214
It is getting very irritating as I await the arrival of Marquee on Directv. They have failed to deliver an advertised channel. It is starting to appear that the channel will not be available on a national basis. Just another scam of their customers. God I wish there was another avenue to get the sports that I want.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)