Marvel "Agents of Shield"

I agree that the movie tie-ins felt forced, but it would've been stranger for those events to be completely ignored after the precedent set last year with the HYDRA infiltration.

I had bigger issues with the whole Fake-May twist, as it seemed pretty farfetched that Kara could've escaped custody, walked around the headquarters as a second May, and then took a plane (and an agent) without authorization and without anyone questioning, "Where did Bobbi go? Who took that plane? Ah, nevermind, we won't bother contacting it via radio. The mechanic is probably just taking it to pick up his kid from college." :p

Reactions: Annie61
Couple of hints about the movie, I was hoping they wouldn't do that. The season finale next week should be exciting.
In the perfect Marvel Cinematic Universe, all movie-goers are also perfect-attendance Agents of SHIELD watchers. Reyna's "vision" was clumsy, but I thought Rodrigues' mention of the Big Save from Age of Ultron was subtle enough without too much Spoiler-Alert.

My friend who went with me to see Ultron hasn't been keeping up with Agents of SHIELD but there wasn't much that he missed other than an explanation of how & why the Avengers were called in to attack the place with the bad guys in the first act of the movie.

Agents of Shield had a nice tie in with the season long story arc about enhanced humans. But, the one liner about the twins in Sokovia (sp?) seemed thrown in. Then the whole flying aircraft carrier project being built by Coulson looked like another concocted scene. I know it is a budget issue, they have 10 people in a bunker for most of the season acting like it is all of SHIELD. Then when the movie rolls around they imply that Coulson was really running an agency with thousands of people working away on various projects...

Very solid finale. We got the right balance of closure on certain storylines along with some teases for the next season. I'm especially glad this "Real SHIELD" controversy is officially in the rearview mirror.

My favorite line from the episode was Mack's response to Skye when she was talking about her mom being a coldblooded killer: "And I thought my mom was bad when she started watching Fox News."

I wonder how many people are like me and found that "Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D." was a much more enjoyable experience than the "Avengers: Age of Ultron"?

The TV arm of Marvel has been hitting it out of the park, what with this, "Agent Carter", and "Daredevil" over on Netflix. All solid writing and acting.

Reactions: Zookster
Great season premiere episode: a SHIELD Agent using special powers, a super-powered alien creature on the loose, a new US government agency hunting for Inhumans and gunning for SHIELD, Skye/Daisy's new low-cut black tanktop "uniform" (see spoiler below), Gemma trapped on an alien world, and we still don't know what May and Ward are up to.
daisynew.jpg

Reactions: osu1991
Very solid season so far. Anyone else think Dr. Andrew isn't really dead?

Looking forward to seeing what happened to Gemna on the alien planet next week. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)