Marvel "Agents of Shield"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
The end was corny, and yes I know what flying thing they had in the movie.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I was surprised that I actually liked it and it seemed to be in the same vein as the movies ,sans the real super heroes. I think this show might break the mole of sci-fi shows on network tv. Doesn't hurt that it feels like an extension of the Avengers movies.

Pretty good opening 4.6 rating in the 18-49 group with 11.9 million total viewers. Too bad my X1 box decided it didn't want to record either of my 8:00 Tuesday shows. Man this is the worst box I have ever had.

S~

Shield beat out NCIS and The Voice to be the #1 show in the 18-49 demographic. It was the highest rated new drama series in 4 years. I'll say it again. I think this show will be huge even without Thor and Iron Man.
Helps that Coulson is a hugely popular and likable character. Without Phil, I don't think the show would be as great as it is. In these days of special effects, lots of producer lose focus that most viewers connect to the characters and keep returning for them, not the effects.

I liked the obscure Travis McGee reference by Coulson when discussing his "rehab" in Tahiti. That nice Wheldon touch...

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I started watching it and it was lights out 5 minutes later.

I did the same thing ,but in my defense I watched it late at night after I got off work and I saw the opening and then ZZZZZZZZZZZ. But the next day I watched it again and it was pretty good. Don't know how long they can stretch it out,just using the lesser freaky mutants popping up all over the place. But I will keep watching it for now.

I think this show was fun! I really liked all the self-deprecating humor. I also thought they set up the show pretty well for a "monster of the week". If the writing remains as light, fun, and entertaining, I think this show could last a few years before the novelty wears off.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 2

Tuesday, October 1, 2013

"0-8-4": Coulson runs into Comandante Camilla Reyes when he and the agents travel to Peru to investigate a mysterious object.

S~

I guess I am alone in this, but I found the first episode very bland. You get a high tech unit with a few geeky techs, some muscles, and wise/smart guy running the show. They go around and rounding up people with strange power.... and I agree that the ending part is completely predictable and corny. The episode itself is not bad, but not very exciting either for a pilot I think.

I guess I am alone in this, but I found the first episode very bland. You get a high tech unit with a few geeky techs, some muscles, and wise/smart guy running the show. They go around and rounding up people with strange power.... and I agree that the ending part is completely predictable and corny. The episode itself is not bad, but not very exciting either for a pilot I think.

I agree. I really hope they introduce some compelling season-long story arcs because taking down the latest freak show or secret underground spy network each week using high-tech science and snyper shots will get old fast. With Disney's budget, you'd think they could give us some 3-4 week episode arcs involving one of the Avengers. What is Chris Evans or Mark Ruffalo really doing these days anyway? lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)