Marvel "Agents of Shield"

Tried to get through the 3rd episode and couldn't stay focused . I rewinded a couple of times to see what I missed ,because I zoned out and finally gave up after 30 minutes in and deleted the show. I simply don't like this show and its focus on minor characters and the boring plots. When you have to work this hard to watch a show it simply isn't worth it. Besides I have way too many good shows this season to watch and too little time , so the boring ones are the first to go.

Same here. The first 2 episodes I watch them thru. Just watched the 3rd one.. after 15 minutes I just fast forward the whole thing. This is it for me. Maybe when it is closer to Thor 2 release, it will have a link in and I will watch that episode.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 4

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

"Eye Spy": The woman behind a series of high-stakes heists holds a troubling secret that stands to ruin Coulson.

S~

I liked this week's episode, but I'd still like to see real story arcs rather than jumping from random mission to mission without any connection. I'm sure some things will return, like obviously that gravity device in the vault, and I'm sure that Quinn guy will be back. But so far no long-running storyline is being developed beyond the issue of Skylar's loyalties. Episodic "mission of the week" shows get old for me real fast.
I don't know, switching from "mission of the week" to a storyline is what ruined Fringe. But keeping to a "mission of the week" with a loose arc allows new/casual viewers (and kids) to tune in week to week without having to keep up. SHIELD wasn't produced for hardcore (watch every single week) viewers, but for instead for a family audience.

Tried to get through the 3rd episode and couldn't stay focused . I rewinded a couple of times to see what I missed ,because I zoned out and finally gave up after 30 minutes in and deleted the show. I simply don't like this show and its focus on minor characters and the boring plots. When you have to work this hard to watch a show it simply isn't worth it. Besides I have way too many good shows this season to watch and too little time , so the boring ones are the first to go.

Yep. Fell asleep again. Wife still likes it but I'm done.

I don't know, switching from "mission of the week" to a storyline is what ruined Fringe. But keeping to a "mission of the week" with a loose arc allows new/casual viewers (and kids) to tune in week to week without having to keep up. SHIELD wasn't produced for hardcore (watch every single week) viewers, but for instead for a family audience.

Well, if they can do it along the lines that Once Upon a Time did (another ABC "family show"), where a major story arc drives the show, but also has lots of little side stories involving the ensemble cast and with new characters and storylines being introduced throughout, I'll be happy. In fact, right now, I don't know how Once Upon a Time in Wonderland is going to hold my attention if all there is is just the one main story arc, which I'm not exactly riveted by.

I've determined the show would be better off without the two little UK Bobsie Twits.:rolleyes:

Good episode. I think the show is getting better and setting some interesting storylines up. I just wish I didn't still have to turn on closed captioning whenever the science geeks are talking. :p

Good episode. I think the show is getting better and setting some interesting storylines up. I just wish I didn't still have to turn on closed captioning whenever the science geeks are talking. :p

If they are using a British accent on any show,especially BBC AMERICA, I have to turn on captions to understand them. They have way too many different jargon expressions or slang terms that I have never heard of.

If they are using a British accent on any show,especially BBC AMERICA, I have to turn on captions to understand them. They have way too many different jargon expressions or slang terms that I have never heard of.

Much of that jargon is just gibberish. makes no sense.

As opposed to Big Bang Theory where they keep a JPL physicist on staff to check the dialog, insert 'science stuff' into the scripts and create those wonderful whiteboards.

Much of that jargon is just gibberish. makes no sense.

As opposed to Big Bang Theory where they keep a JPL physicist on staff to check the dialog, insert 'science stuff' into the scripts and create those wonderful whiteboards.
It's the intended audience. Big Bang Theory has a targeted audience of people who know these things, and who would nitpick everything. SHIELD on the other hand has a difference targeted audience that doesn't know/care about these things. Considering it has superheroes, real science has been thrown out the window anyway.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 5

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"The Girl in the Flower Dress": An elusive girl may hold the key to a mystery that brings the team to Asia; a secret jeopardizes Skye's relationship with the team.

S~

Glad to see more of a cross-episode story arc emerge. At the start of the episode, I was saying to myself, "here we go again with another contain-the-person-with-special-abilities-or-the-super-advanced-technology episodic storyline." Lots of nice twists have me looking forward now to the next episode rather than being "oh, this show recorded last night; guess I'll watch it since I don't have anything else recorded and the World Series game is boring."

Relatively minimal chatter from the geeks in this week's episode didn't hurt either. :D

Last edited:
Glad to see more of a cross-episode story arc emerge. At the start of the episode, I was saying to myself, "here we go again with another contain-the-person-with-special-abilities-or-the-super-advanced-technology episodic storyline." Lots of nice twists have me looking forward now to the next episode rather than being "oh, this show recorded last night; guess I'll watch it since I don't have anything else recorded and the World Series game is boring."

Relatively minimal chatter from the geeks in this week's episode didn't hurt either. :D

I have to rewatch the pilot episode,but the guy exploding also reminded me of the movie Iron Man 3. I wonder if you can tie episode 4,with the person who had the "bionic eye" that could both monitor & kill her with all of the above?

It reminds you of Iron Man 3, because they mentioned Extremis a couple of times during the episode
I mentioned this to my coworker while discussing the episode and he said he hadn't seen Ironman 3 yet. Spoilers...

I wonder if Skye came clean or if there is still a few more layers to peel away of her cover story?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts