Marvel "Agents of Shield"

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 7

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

"The Hub": Dangerous secrets are hidden from the team as Fitz and Ward are sent on a classified mission that may end tragically.

S~

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 8

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

"The Well": Recent events put a member of the team in jeopardy.

S~

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one that has tuned out to this show because it is not very much like the Avengers Movie that inspired the tv show. I have said all along that not having the big superheroes will make the show dull and it looks like the article says the same thing. The numbers are dropping with the passing of each episode, except for men in the 18 - 49 age group. IF they could introduce some lesser know Marvel superheroes and make them regulars on the show , it might have a chance to start rebuilding their numbers.

IF they could introduce some lesser know Marvel superheroes and make them regulars on the show , it might have a chance to start rebuilding their numbers.

Exactly Arrow has all minor characters. Batman/Superman are absent, but a host of fun second and third tier characters make appearances.

I thought about introducing the Sub-Mariner(Marvel's "Aquaman") on Agents of Shield because he wouldn't be a movie draw,but he could draw more interest on TV. You could say the same for Daredevil(depending on who owns the movie rights to him).

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 9

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

"Repairs": When a mysterious force threatens to destroy Coulson and the team, a secret from May's past could save them.

S~

At the height of the confrontation in the barn, our ABC affiliate cut to a local News Department promo and two local commercials, and came back right when May said, "You need to let her go."

Arrrggghhh!!!!

Fortunately, I have the ABC app, but I need to put up with the canned ads.

Posted Via The SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I pretty much agree with everything in that article. They need some minor superheros to join the group, at least on loan or assignment.

I do too and I have been saying the same thing about adding some minor superheroes if they aren't going to use the big guys . I really think the guy is right about the monster of the week formula stuck in the 90s and no real ongoing story arcs. I hated that same monster of the week stories on Fringe when it first came out and I only started to get interested when they did the parallel universes stories. Without an continuing story arc the stories are all self contained little monster of the week shows, that could be watched in any order or you could come back in months from not watching and not really miss anything.

Ratings are up the last 2 weeks, marginally 2 weeks ago, and last week was the highest since the premiere episode.

Having a loose story arc with monsters of the week allows viewers to easily jump back in. Fridge went downhill fast when they stuck hard to a story arc that required you to watch every episode in order to know what was happening. Shows that don't have a strong arc tend to last longer, while those that do tend to peter out in season 3.

Ratings are up the last 2 weeks, marginally 2 weeks ago, and last week was the highest since the premiere episode.

Having a loose story arc with monsters of the week allows viewers to easily jump back in. Fridge went downhill fast when they stuck hard to a story arc that required you to watch every episode in order to know what was happening. Shows that don't have a strong arc tend to last longer, while those that do tend to peter out in season 3.

That runs contrary to what the critics said in the article quoted. Monster of the week shows seem to appeal to the lowest common denominator in the audience. Kind of like Syfy has done with their monster of the week movies . I rarely watch Syfy for much of anything other than Haven now. Haven does have an ongoing story arc that continues to grow and change each season keeping my interest. I loved FRINGE once they developed more than the monster of the week shows . I like feeling connected to a series of actors that have some back story going that I can relate to. But to each his own. I expect the ratings to continue to drop if they don't change something fast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)