Marvel "Agents of Shield"

Doesn't matter what critics say or want, it's what ratings show.

Appealing to a lowest common denominator works, it's why Shield is doing good, being that it's up against NCIS. It's also the #3 series with 18-49 year olds, and wins it's time slot for that demographic, which is all the advertisers and the network care about.

You may have loved Fringe when they developed into a hard story line, but that's also when the ratings began to plummet. The only reason it came back for a 5th season was Fox wanted enough episodes to syndicate.

Doesn't matter what critics say or want, it's what ratings show.

Appealing to a lowest common denominator works, it's why Shield is doing good, being that it's up against NCIS. It's also the #3 series with 18-49 year olds, and wins it's time slot for that demographic, which is all the advertisers and the network care about.

You may have loved Fringe when they developed into a hard story line, but that's also when the ratings began to plummet. The only reason it came back for a 5th season was Fox wanted enough episodes to syndicate.

Only time will tell if the ratings continue as they are or they fall off even more than they already have. I predict the latter will happen. I only hope that they listen to some of the "critics" out there and heed some of their suggestions to improve the show. All shows , no matter how good they do with the coveted 18-49 demographic, can still use improvements. It's when you think that your show is as good as it can get , that is when you get cancelled.

I watched the first 3 eps then deleted the timer off the main DVR & added it to the bedroom DVR to watch when we get around to it. I find the show mostly too boring and that's coming from a Marvel & DC fan. If no real arc's develop over the season I think I will just delete it. I personally think that Arrow is a much better show.

If they don't do what that article says imo the show will be cancelled after this or next season and Arrow is alot better in so many ways!! :)

If they don't do what that article says imo the show will be cancelled after this or next season and Arrow is alot better in so many ways!! :)

I highly doubt it will be canceled no matter what the critics say. From what I've heard the ratings are pretty good. If the ratings are there the shows stay on the air. Critically acclaimed shows are canceled all the time and shows the critics hate often stay on for years.

http://variety.com/2013/tv/news/age...dolph-shines-brightest-on-tuesday-1200891682/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 10

Tuesday, December 10, 2013

"The Bridge": Coulson brings in Mike Peterson for some super-soldier support in the war against Centipede; a twist puts the team at risk.

S~

Well, I'd certainly say that the season has led up to this episode! I'm glad I stuck with it...

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 11

Tuesday, January 7, 2014

"The Magical Place": Coulson discovers important information about his mysterious death but it may come at a cost to the team.

S~

Tahiti better be interesting...

Not very. It would have been more interesting if the show had given some indication as to why Nick Fury went to such lengths to keep Coulson alive, beyond a personal fondness, when to someone like Agent Hand, Coulsen is completely replaceable.

Not very. It would have been more interesting if the show had given some indication as to why Nick Fury went to such lengths to keep Coulson alive, beyond a personal fondness, when to someone like Agent Hand, Coulsen is completely replaceable.

I too was dissatisfied with the episode. They really did not answer any questions. Essentially we now know he was dead for a while and was brought back. It was a painful process where they gave him nice memories to cover up the pain. We really do not know how or why.

Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 12

Tuesday, January 14, 2014

"Seeds": May and Coulson uncover shocking information about Skye; a team encounters a crisis at the S.H.I.E.L.D. academy.

S~

I enjoy it but compared to Arrow this is miles behind and Arrow is doing it right....This show needs to start introducing more characters in Marvel and other stuff etc.....If they don't start picking up I am deleting it!!! :)

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)