Marvel "Agents of Shield"

This show is definitely improving, though I had issues with
how Skye was shot. I mean, if Quinn was really trying to kill her, you'd think he'd know better than to just shoot her in the gut. He was standing at point blank range, and then shot her again in the gut and had ample opportunity once she was down to put a bullet in her head while she was obviously still alive. Unless it turns out he planted something in her and had bigger designs for not really killing her, this will really have me shaking my head.

I really like both shows but if I had to pick which one was better it would definitely be Arrow for me.

I really like both shows but if I had to pick which one was better it would definitely be Arrow for me.
I didn't like Arrow, for the same reasons I didn't like the later half of Smallville.

As for Shield, I'd like it even if it wasn't tied into Shield and was called something else. I just happen to like that type of investigative team show.

SHIELD really seems to be developing along the same lines as Arrow. I remember almost dropping Arrow (like SHIELD) after the first few episodes when it didn't seem to really be going anywhere, with its predictable villain-of-the-week format. Now Arrow is really hitting its stride and recognizable characters from the comics are making more appearances (so I hear, as I've never read a DC Comic). It now looks like SHIELD is following a similar path. It just takes some time. Not to mention Ming-Na Wen is the most beautiful ass-kicking 50-year-old woman on broadcast prime time TV right now. ;)

SHIELD really seems to be developing along the same lines as Arrow. I remember almost dropping Arrow (like SHIELD) after the first few episodes when it didn't seem to really be going anywhere, with its predictable villain-of-the-week format. Now Arrow is really hitting its stride and recognizable characters from the comics are making more appearances (so I hear, as I've never read a DC Comic). It now looks like SHIELD is following a similar path. It just takes some time. Not to mention Ming-Na Wen is the most beautiful ass-kicking 50-year-old woman on broadcast prime time TV right now. ;)

Unfortunately, I did drop ARROW after only 3 very boring episodes. I simply don't have patience for long developing story lines that lead up to the super hero finally making his debut.

How long ago was "Mulan"? Only sixteen years? And "ER". I've liked her in everything I've seen her in.

Funny how the article says that Arrow is succeeding but Shield isn't, when Shield has 3 times the ratings of Arrow.

Unfortunately a show on ABC with 3x the ratings of a CW show can be cancelled as a failure... SHIELD is not judged against Arrow's ratings but by other shows on ABC. BTW, SHIELD is only doing 2.2x the ratings of Arrow....

Not when that show is up against the #1 NCIS, and wins the advertiser wanted demographic.

I was not saying SHIELD was a failure or risking cancellation. Just pointing out that a failure on the big 4's ratings can outdo the best ratings on the CW.

Boy, from 12.2 million viewers in it's initial premier episode to 6.6 million viewers today. That is half it's viewers in less than half of season 1. I don't think that tie ins with Capt. America will help the show anymore than Thor ties ins did last November. The show is flawed in its premise and it will only change if they include some big Marvel superheroes like I've been saying all along.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)