Marvel "Agents of Shield"

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
Boy, from 12.2 million viewers in it's initial premier episode to 6.6 million viewers today. That is half it's viewers in less than half of season 1. I don't think that tie ins with Capt. America will help the show anymore than Thor ties ins did last November. The show is flawed in its premise and it will only change if they include some big Marvel superheroes like I've been saying all along.
And I fundamentally disagree. The premise is fine. It was never meant to be a superhero show.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
And I fundamentally disagree. The premise is fine. It was never meant to be a superhero show.

And if that is true, that would explain the extreme drop off of viewers ,who most likely thought it was going to follow the same path as the Marvel superhero movies.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
And if that is true, that would explain the extreme drop off of viewers ,who most likely thought it was going to follow the same path as the Marvel superhero movies.

I don't know why you and everyone else can't accept that. Every article that came out before the show, said what the premise was going to be. Superhero's were never mentioned as being a recurring feature of the series. The series was always supposed to be about how SHIELD agents dealt with things outside the realm of the superheroes.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
I don't know why you and everyone else can't accept that. Every article that came out before the show, said what the premise was going to be. Superhero's were never mentioned as being a recurring feature of the series. The series was always supposed to be about how SHIELD agents dealt with things outside the realm of the superheroes.

I guess people like me & others, thought that they would try to stay with the winning formula that made the movies a roaring success. Making a tv series about the side supporting characters from the movies has proven to be less than successful and explains why the show has dropped in viewers and is no longer a hot ticket. It went from the most promising series of the season to the most criticized ,for the disappointing , dull, slow ,boring plots.

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan

http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...o-bring-robert-downey-jr-back-for-iron-man-4/

Robert Downey Jr. reportedly got paid $50 million to be in Iron Man 3. Marvel is having a hard time even getting him to sign on for more of these huge budget movies. How much money do you think he, and the other avengers would demand to be on a weekly TV show? No show on TV has a big enough budget to do what you are asking for.

You obviously don't like the show. Maybe it's time to quit watching and move on to other threads so those of us who do enjoy it can discuss it without constantly hearing how terrible it is.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Boy, from 12.2 million viewers in it's initial premier episode to 6.6 million viewers today. That is half it's viewers in less than half of season 1.
Not really, it dropped to 8 mil in ep 2, 7 mil in ep 3, and pretty much has stayed in the high 6 mil's since. A pretty steady audience.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
http://grantland.com/hollywood-pros...o-bring-robert-downey-jr-back-for-iron-man-4/

Robert Downey Jr. reportedly got paid $50 million to be in Iron Man 3. Marvel is having a hard time even getting him to sign on for more of these huge budget movies. How much money do you think he, and the other avengers would demand to be on a weekly TV show? No show on TV has a big enough budget to do what you are asking for.

You obviously don't like the show. Maybe it's time to quit watching and move on to other threads so those of us who do enjoy it can discuss it without constantly hearing how terrible it is.

I am only agreeing and supporting the critics article that was posted in this thread that says that the lack of superheroes is causing the series to drop off viewers. I am sorry that this view ,that so many critics hold, offends your view of the show. I want the show to do well, but I feel that it won't get any better till they try to introduce some superheroes, even lesser known super heroes to beef up the scripts.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
No one really expected the show to have the top Marvel super heroes. But, they expected that there would be some smaller heroes visiting on a regular bases. They went through the first half of the season without any showing up.

With Arrow, no one expected Batman or Superman to show up, but they have a lot of other minor characters making appearances.

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
No one really expected the show to have the top Marvel super heroes. But, they expected that there would be some smaller heroes visiting on a regular bases. They went through the first half of the season without any showing up.

With Arrow, no one expected Batman or Superman to show up, but they have a lot of other minor characters making appearances.

Like I said, I don't know why anyone would expect that. It was never promised and always said the show would be about SHIELD and would exist outside the realm of the superheroes but in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas

EXACTLY Mike.

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Like I said, I don't know why anyone would expect that. It was never promised and always said the show would be about SHIELD and would exist outside the realm of the superheroes but in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Well tell that to the 6 million viewers, who dropped the show after it's initial debut episode, because they believed the show would be more like the Maarvel movies they spun this show from.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK

Yes it was pitched as SHIELD agents operating. If SHIELD is meant to be the response to superheros it implies there would be at least some cameos... You could make this FBI agents and the XFILES....

dangue

Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 29, 2007
SF Bay Area
You could make this FBI agents and the XFILES....
And that's the basic premise of the show. The human perspective in a world where all these crazy hero and villains have now started to appear in. That's how it was pitched and that's how it's been played out.

What you're looking for are the series that will be done in collaboration with Netflix over the next few years. Those will be super hero centered, though I would not expect appearances by the movie heroes.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Next Episode: Season 1, Episode 14

Tuesday, March 4, 2014

"T.A.H.I.T.I.": In an attempt to save Skye, Coulson enlists the help of Ward's former S.O. John Garrett (Bill Paxton); shocking truths are uncovered.

S~

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
All I could think about is what happened to the hyperbaric chamber that kept Skye alive. Seemed like it was way too convenient that the one device in the room and the nature of the gunshot wounds meant Coulson & team had to use it to get Skye to the Bus.

When they wheeled it into the SHIELD facility, I thought it would be collecting intelligence, or getting ready to explode, or some other nefarious purpose. Instead, it wasn't given a second thought. Maybe it will be one of those things brought up in a later episode.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
All I could think about is what happened to the hyperbaric chamber that kept Skye alive. Seemed like it was way too convenient that the one device in the room and the nature of the gunshot wounds meant Coulson & team had to use it to get Skye to the Bus.

When they wheeled it into the SHIELD facility, I thought it would be collecting intelligence, or getting ready to explode, or some other nefarious purpose. Instead, it wasn't given a second thought. Maybe it will be one of those things brought up in a later episode.

Or one could assume it was all arranged in advance by the clairvoyant. If you were arranging to shoot someone to get them to lead you to a super cure, you could arrange for the right medical equipment to be present and tell the person firing the gun to only do gut wounds which would be slow to kill.

Foxbat

Addicted to new HW
Supporting Founder
Pub Member / Supporter
Lifetime Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Michiana
Or one could assume it was all arranged in advance by the clairvoyant. If you were arranging to shoot someone to get them to lead you to a super cure, you could arrange for the right medical equipment to be present and tell the person firing the gun to only do gut wounds which would be slow to kill.
Yes, I concur. But the opportunity existed to place the necessary life-saving equipment into a SHIELD facility. Why waste it?

Once again my DVR lost the last 15-30 seconds of the episode. An Asgardian in Death Valley, how apt. The recording ended right after the husband delivered the proper response (too bad his newlywed wasn't on hand to hear it!) The WatchABC app won't let me watch it yet as Dish isn't one of their on-Demand partners yet.

mike123abc

Too many cables
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
Yes, I concur. But the opportunity existed to place the necessary life-saving equipment into a SHIELD facility. Why waste it?

Once again my DVR lost the last 15-30 seconds of the episode. An Asgardian in Death Valley, how apt. The recording ended right after the husband delivered the proper response (too bad his newlywed wasn't on hand to hear it!) The WatchABC app won't let me watch it yet as Dish isn't one of their on-Demand partners yet.

He ditched his bride and drove off with her...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)