MASN on Dish?

I have FiOS TV and have the same problem (no MASN2). I was thinking about switching to Dish, but looks like I won't be after reading this thread. So I guess Comcast or DirecTV is my only choices. Yuck.

-John

My understanding of FiOS is that the problem will be rectified. And until it is you still get about 60% of each team's games on MASN.

I probably wouldn't rush to switch unless it becomes apparent they aren't going to add MASN2.

I don't brlieve everything thata CS says but I was told tonight that DISH has ended negotiatons for MASN. I was also told that it is not uplinked anymore. Can anyone confirm or refute either of these claims?

I just called Dish to offer my nightly bitching about the lack of MASN, all they will tell me is they will add a request. :rolleyes: You've got until next Friday Charlie or this 7 year customer will be gone to cable.

I don't brlieve everything thata CS says but I was told tonight that DISH has ended negotiatons for MASN. I was also told that it is not uplinked anymore. Can anyone confirm or refute either of these claims?

If this is true, I'll cancel Dish tomorrow.

It's still uplinked.

thanks they told me last night that it had come down on March 29. Somehow or other this was supposed to make me feel better about the situation.

But I suppose there is some slight hope as it stands.

Get this. I wrote to DISH asking about when/if they would be adding MASN. Got a reply stating it was on channel 424. As we all know that is Comcast Mid Atlantic. Gee they can't even get that right. I wrote them back telling them that and haven't got a reply back yet. DISH is wearing very thin on me. I may be leaving soon. I hate to but they are really screwing sports fans and especially the ones in the DC/Baltimore area.

Get this. I wrote to DISH asking about when/if they would be adding MASN. Got a reply stating it was on channel 424. As we all know that is Comcast Mid Atlantic.

The first time I wrote DISH on this issue, I was told "Your RSN is Comcast SportsNet". The answer was totally non-responsive.

Since then, I've be getting the stock Charlie "right-service-right-price" answer. For the last two weeks, I get no reply to my missives at all.

I was talking to a tech about a receiver problem a couple of days ago and when he asked, "Is there something else I can help you with?" I answered, "Tell programming we need MASN down here!"

He just laughed.

I called last night after writing several emails and not even getting a response. The rep told me that we get our RSN on 424. I informed her that MASN is the channel that carries all Orioles and Nats games. I too am waiting until the weekend and if no MASN then I am going local cable or Directv. I don't want to change but I cannot go an entire season with no baseball. I don't understand why Direct and comcast can get these things worked out but Dish is unable to.

my "move" to boston has worked out rather well considering the alternative. Dice-K is on NESN this afternoon.

Yeah, but watching the RedSox beat up on the Orioles a whole bunch of extra times while not seeing the competitive games doesn't appeal to me quite yet. And no National League, either.

Maybe a "move" to somewhere in Florida would be better. :)

i can't see any of the florida spotbeams here in maryland so that isn't an option. i get plenty of national league coverage with the braves on tbs and the cubs on wgn. my solution isn't perfect, but it's better than what the rest of you in the mid-atlantic are getting.

THE HD version of th RSNS may be on spotbeams---i do not know,. But I do not believe that the SD ones are.

Keep calling folks.. Let them know how important this channel is to those of us VA, DC, MD, NC. It's uplinked, we just have to put the pressure for them to seal a deal and flip the switch.

Keep calling folks.. Let them know how important this channel is to those of us VA, DC, MD, NC. It's uplinked, we just have to put the pressure for them to seal a deal and flip the switch.

I emailed both MASN and DISH today. Actually got a DISH response-standard canned reply-this time.

MASN never responds. Sort of par for "The Warehouse", if you know what I mean.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)