Mass Effect -- Is it really "Starflight III"? Which is awesome.

shanewalker

Overall, an O.K. Guy
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 15, 2005
KC/MO!
I just spent a much non-productive Sunday afternoon the couch playing "Mass Effect." What a great game. It struck me, once I got through the Citadel phase and out into the open exploration (and onto a planet surface in my ATV), that it seemed eerily familiar on some level.

Then it dawned on me--"Starflight" circa 1990/91. I played the **** out of that on my first Mac, a color IIsi. That Electronic Arts game was the pinnacle of computer space conquest gaming at the time, and had several similarities w/ Bioware's opus.

Starflight - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And apparently, I'm not alone it having that nostalgic tug of recognition:

. - Best Game This Year? Starflight III.

Starflight (Genesis) | The Jaded Gamer

Anyone remember "Starflight"? I know it was popular on everything from the Sega Genesis to the Commodore Amiga (but the Mac version was the best ;), graphically at least).

Last edited:
No I don't remember Starflight. I need to get back into Mass Effect. I've been preoccupied with No More Heroes, but I just finished that so I May delve back in, at least until Killer 7 arrives.

StarFlight rulez!

I'm a big fan of Mega Drive's StarFlight and have the original cart and the boxed original PC version on 1.2MB floppies.

I had to type "Starflight Mass Effect" on Google as soon as I landed on the first planet! Mass Effect just got greater!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)