Masters in 4K

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
There is 4k programming out there. However, for us with slow internet and no availability of anything faster coming, we have to hope that Dish makes available some 4k satellite delivered channels. Why build a 4k Hopper and Joey and then only deliver streaming 4k. It is cheaper to get Netflix and Amazon Prime for those with ample internet speeds. 4k BluRay players are coming also to help avoid the Satellite and Cable networks who do not deliver 4k. Now we read that Direct TV has a dedicated 4k 7.1 audio satellite delivered channel and will broadcast the Masters on it. So again the Dish HW side is at the state of the art and the programming delivery side is behind the curve. Direct TV also had 3D channels until that faded away. They try to be state of the art . Dish programming just flounders to be mundane.

I am one also that cannot get fast enough internet only 6MB Down,but sometimes I can get the Ultraflix 4K Moving Murals to work in 4K.

All the 4K UHDTVs upconvert the signal it receives,I have a cheap Vizio and the 1080i 4K upconversion looks very good on Dish.

There are also 4K upconverting Bluray players I got the Sony BDP S6500 and it makes my 1080p Bluray movies look awesome.

so now with directv adding three 4k channels anyone know what dish will be doing next to counterpunch against directv?just wondering you guys

...to which nobody has an answer...
true very true i think its about time for dish to do something about 4k you know at least give us three or 4 channels to start with get the rest of our channels in hd.i have a list here at my computer desk and it has the channels that are on dish network and have hd feeds available to be added i counted about 40 to 45.i thank dish for adding our rsns in hd if they can figure out add them full time that means 24 hours a day.

Reactions: Rixos
Sadly, I'd say that ship set sail a long time ago.
Yes, it started when they changed the resolution on Voom channels to Hd lite and then learned how to put 8 - 10 hd lite channels on one transponder. That was the end of pristine true Hd . Voom has been gone now for 8 years.

Sadly, I'd say that ship set sail a long time ago.
Not necessarily. With HEVC (h265) encoding, if they play their cards right, regular HD compression quality can be improved AND open up space for some 4K.

Also, am I the only one who initially read the thread title as "Munsters in 4K"?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)