Maximum number of channel locks for 722 receiver?

Technician1313

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 4, 2011
New Mexico
Hi, I hate to have a lot of clutter in my program guide, so I have a massive list of channel locks for channels that I never watch.

I noticed recently though, it seems that as I add more channels to be locked out, old ones unlock. I think it's possible that I may have locked out the maximum number of channels. Does anyone know the specs for this unit, and if my observation is correct?:confused:

Quite possibly. I tried that myself once, but found ultimately that I prefer to just use the favorites lists as they are easier to maintain and you don't have to leave the receiver locked all the time for them to work. Also I might occasionally want to look at some of that "clutter" just to see what's there. Just a suggestion.

There should be no limit on how many channels you want to lock out.You could lock all channels but one.

Don't know of any limit; but like Pepper, I prefer to set up a "Main" favorites list with all the channels I could possibly want to watch vs. trying to lock out the multitude of Standard-Def/shopping/religious/non-local sports channels.

I use locks on all my receivers because I have a wife who can't tell the difference between hd and sd channels. So I lock all sd versions out of my guide along with all shopping and barker channels and all Spanish versions, since it sounds like jibberish to me. I end up with just the hd versions and no duplication of them at higher channel numbers 9000. A nice clean guide with no duplications or clutter.

I use locks on all my receivers because I have a wife who can't tell the difference between hd and sd channels. So I lock all sd versions out of my guide along with all shopping and barker channels and all Spanish versions, since it sounds like jibberish to me. I end up with just the hd versions and no duplication of them at higher channel numbers 9000. A nice clean guide with no duplications or clutter.

Yes. Everyone in my family keeps tuning into the SD version, and I have to be on their butts about tuning to the HD version. It happens A LOT.

Why not use the favorites list? That gives the option of going to a channel you may not normally watch without having to go through the lockout menus.

I personally prefer the lockout method.Like the all channels list color much better.Another advantage to this is if any new channels are added then they will appear in the list.

Why not use the favorites list? That gives the option of going to a channel you may not normally watch without having to go through the lockout menus.

My wife will often tune to the All channel guide and try to tune into a channel we don't even sub to. This is after having DISH receivers in our house for over 14 years. She is technologically challenged and no amount of showing her ,explaining and even trying to idiot proof the tv seems to help. The other day she had the tv locked in on the google revue home screen and couldn't figure out how to get out. All you have to do is hit the tv button on the keyboard (sitting in front of the tv itself) and you go straight to live tv. I showed her AGAIN,and she claims she can't remember.

My wife will often tune to the All channel guide and try to tune into a channel we don't even sub to. This is after having DISH receivers in our house for over 14 years. She is technologically challenged and no amount of showing her ,explaining and even trying to idiot proof the tv seems to help. The other day she had the tv locked in on the google revue home screen and couldn't figure out how to get out. All you have to do is hit the tv button on the keyboard (sitting in front of the tv itself) and you go straight to live tv. I showed her AGAIN,and she claims she can't remember.

Hey, don't complain, it could be WORSE. She could have turned out smarter than YOU! ;p

I'm sorry, but I just got confused. I continued to lock out PPV, Sports, Paid Programming, Non HD (When there was a HD alternative), and duplicates on the upper channel levels. I think I got confused because I didn't realize there were so many duplicates in the upper channel range. It works out better for me to do this.. never have to look at the stuff that I'm not worried about again.

Hey, don't complain, it could be WORSE. She could have turned out smarter than YOU! ;p

Well actually.......:eek: She did graduate college as magnum cum lade with a bachelor's degree in Education. I only have an associate's degree in management. But here is the kicker: She never has used her degree. Instead she is working as a correctional officer at the state prison. That is where we met. She and I were both officers and two months after we met , we were married. Just made 17 years last April 29th. Just goes to show you that you can be book smarter than someone ,but not necessarily common sense smart. But I love her anyway. Got to , she puts up with my dumb ass.;)