Maximum Number Of Timers?

legends92

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 12, 2005
Valencia, CA
Does someone know the maximum numbers of timers on the ViP 922? I currently have a ViP 622 and I can only have 99 maximum timers. Thank you.

I don't know if it's a typo, but the 922 doesn't show a number of events cap (which is 576 on the other VIP DVR's), only the 96 timers cap (which is the same as other VIP DVRs)

MattG@ DISH NETWORK said:
I don't know if it's a typo, but the 922 doesn't show a number of events cap (which is 576 on the other VIP DVR's), only the 96 timers cap (which is the same as other VIP DVRs)

Well I hit the max one time with only 70 something timers, so I am guessing that the event max is still there.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

There has to be an event max, Dish has not published it yet. It would be great if DIRT can find out from Tech what the maximum number of Events on the 922 is.

The maximum number of events is definitely still 576 and it is one the most annoying things about Dish receivers. You can count events from the DRA page, if that still works. It's also extremely frustrating that you can't see the number of events from the 922 on screen itself. I was hoping that this maximum number of both timers and events would have changed when I upgraded from the 622 to the 922. MattG, is there anyway that this could ever be changed to a much higher number? It seems like such a ridiculously low arbitrary number for a receiver with such a large capacity for DVR recordings.

If there is a cap of # of events for the 922, it is most likely 576. I don't know why the restrictions are in place, but I imagine it would be due to hardware or software in the receiver, and I don't know if the cap will ever be increased

Last edited:
You can count events from the DRA page, if that still works.

DRA shows: a count of timers, scheduled and skipped. I assume the event count is the sum of scheduled and skipped.

I assume an event is created for every guide entry that matches a timer, so a timer for a daily program would have approximately 10 events.

What happens to events prior to the current time of day? Wouldn't those events be released to the pool so other timers could then include additional events? If event (re)scheduling occurs frequently (say a couple of times a day), how likely is it you would actually miss a program?

Or is the issue that if all the events are used up, you can't create new timers? Maybe that's the thing that should change: if the event pool is empty when a timer is created force rescheduling and take future events away from other timers to satisfy immediately pending events for the new timer.

DRA shows: a count of timers, scheduled and skipped. I assume the event count is the sum of scheduled and skipped.

I assume an event is created for every guide entry that matches a timer, so a timer for a daily program would have approximately 10 events.

What happens to events prior to the current time of day? Wouldn't those events be released to the pool so other timers could then include additional events? If event (re)scheduling occurs frequently (say a couple of times a day), how likely is it you would actually miss a program?

Or is the issue that if all the events are used up, you can't create new timers? Maybe that's the thing that should change: if the event pool is empty when a timer is created force rescheduling and take future events away from other timers to satisfy immediately pending events for the new timer.

The event count total is the sum of scheduled, skipped, and conflicts. Any of these statuses would be considered an event. If/When DRA is no longer accessible, we will have no way to get that count on the 922. I believe that the event count is refreshed when the guide is, thus you can still see some things that occurred in the past and they still count towards the event total. I think that refresh is only once a day. If the events are full, you cannot create a new timer. Also, if you are near the event limit, you cannot create a new timer that itself has a lot of events that would exceed the limit. I know for sure that this limit was exactly the same with the 622, it might even have been that way with the 522. I was really hoping that when I got the 922, this would have changed. On the 622, you could see the events per timer on screen, so at least you could check each timer for one that had a lot of events.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)