Maximum number of Timers?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

voripteth

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 20, 2005
Aurora, IL
I just hit the maximum number of timers on my 942. When I tried to record my 38th program the box told me I was out of timers. Does anyone else have a max of 37 timers? It seems a rather odd number.

I remember with my TiVo I had over 45 season passes not counting individual items to record. I wonder if we can get the 942 guys to raise that timer limit?

Its not 37, its like 200-something. Look at your "Daily Schedule" and see how many timers are on there that are "Skipped". Thats what it is counting. So, if you record something like Punk'd on MTV, you will get like 50 timers in a week (even if it skips all of them) because they repeat those shows so often.

Remember the good ole days (if thats what you want to call them) when a DVR (7100 or 501) was limited to 10 timers but in a later software upgrade was allowed more? It had the same limit as the the 301 receivers.

Having 200 timers would mean that you would have to have 400 half an hour shows, 200 one hour shows, or about 100 movies in the timers list. Most likely it is more than what the hard drive could store.

I presently have about 54 timers on my schedule. That is regular weekly shows and manual timers and movies I only record once. I think the timers really depend on if you record ALL or if you use DISH Pass. The dish pass will fill up your hard drive quickly with recorded shows , especially if you don't limit it to one channels instead of the entire sat system. I have had more timers in the past, so I don't think that you have hit the end of your timers you can create at 37. Take a look and do some editing and recreate some of the timers so they don't record to many shows.

I have two DVR's and I still have a hard time keeping up with keeping the shows watched and deleted off. Some of it is due to me saving the movies and shows until later viewing as I watch certain shows first then I watch my weekly episodes back to back when I have the time then the movies last. I try not to watch the movies first because then I will see them all. I only watch them when there is nothing else on.

The 921 is limited to 64 timers, and I hit the limit on occasion. Between my weekly standards, one-shots, and a couple of sporting events with trailing shows in case they run long, it just isn't enough.

Some of you may ask how anyone can watch that much TV, but remember, it IS my business - gotta stay current. :)

The 942 has 96 timers (passes?) and 288 events. As StevenD said some passes create a large number of events.

Does the 522/625 have the same limit?

Jacob, the 501 was introduced with 10 timers which was later increased to 50. The 721 does have 64, and the old bug of crashing when a 65th was created was fixed a few versions ago.

See http://ekb.dbstalk.com/101 in the Recording section.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)