Maxtor One Touch 4 750gb Drive problem

TV Junkie 12

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Arkansas
I posted this under the EHD bug sticky but I thought I'd put it here as well.

The other night we were watching an episode of WKRP in Cincinnati from this Maxtor drive and all was fine. Episode ended and we went to watch another one. Wife is out of the room on the phone for a moment so I locate an ep., cue it up and pause it to wait for her. She comes back, I hit play and the video doesn't start-there is a delay then the video starts to run for a second or two then stops. It causes the 722 to get erratic before I finally exit out of the menu and I disconnect the drive, planning to check it out the next day. Next day I plug it in and all seems fine-I actually moved a show onto the drive and that happens normally. Afterwards we attempt to watch another show from EHD and the video problem from the previous evening shows up again and the video won't move except for a couple of seconds at a time. I tried to move somehting back to the DVR and it just sat with the hard drive light flashing. Now it won't even respond. I have software version L618.

Anyone else ever see this? The drive has been fine for nearly a year and it's not plugged in except when in use. My Seagate Free Agent seems fine-although yesterday when I was having troubles with the Maxtor the 722 wouldn't recognize it either (the popup on the screen said that I had connected an unsupported device to the USB port) but today it was OK.

I just thought I'd try the board here before I beat my head against a wall and call tech support.

I've done a hard reset on the receiver several times. I wish I'd done more research when I bought this drive-it's got terrible reviews everywhere. Too bad, I've got old Maxtor drives-8 to 9 years old that still work. I'm starting to believe the drive may just be bad. Now I just hope there is some way to recover the data to another drive.

I use WD/750GB for few years now and that only brand I buy for dish boxs.. i do have five of them full of stuffs from TV and so every time I want to watch them plug & play ,works flawless, anyway good luck to u.. Just BUY WD, next time, because works flawless with dish receivers!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts