May this NEVER happen, but here's how MLB would handle "The Unthinkable"

As a fan of my local teams the Bucs and Rays I don't think I could imagine seeing for example the entire team killed in a plane crash. We kinda grow up or grow old with these guys that it just couldn't be the same not watching these guys playing the game they love.

Its good that MLB has a plan in place as I'm sure the NFL does as well but man oh man I just hope I never have to see this plan in action. I'm quite sure nearly all fans of any sport would feel the same. Its also something that nobody thinks about until something smaller happens like a single car crash death for example. The only times we think about these things happens to be the times in which you cannot voice those concerns without somebody going crazy on you.:confused:

I know exactly how you feel, it's a VERY scary thought! :(

This is really personal, but I'll share this with you all since this has been all brought back memories with Nick's death.

Several years ago I had nightmares about waking up and hearing on the L.A. newsradio station that the XXXXXXXXXXXXXX were killed when their charter flight crashed. It went on for about two weeks before I could not sleep anymore and was driven to a psychatrist for help with it. It took about two months before I could REALLY comfortably sleep again and clear my head of such incredible thoughts.

No fun. Glad this is in place, though.

Very scary indeed, KCK.

This topic has come up at various times over the years with buddies of mine.

It really is the ultimate scary, "what if............" question.

On a side note KCK, I hope you're feeling better.

The last week has been hell for you and the entire Angels family.

Hang in there! :)

Very scary indeed, KCK.

This topic has come up at various times over the years with buddies of mine.

It really is the ultimate scary, "what if............" question.

On a side note KCK, I hope you're feeling better.

The last week has been hell for you and the entire Angels family.

Hang in there! :)

Watching the Angels game now and the sweet sychronicity of life goes on, Bill. I am going to REALLY get into the Ducks game in 1/2 hr. as an escape. There are moments but it gets better day by day. Many thanks.

I hope you feel better KCK. I know its terrible to think about but good for you for moving on with your life. If you dont, you'll make yourself sick. Like Bill said, Hang In There!!!

I live in Henderson KY and back around 1977 the men's basketball team at the University of Evansville crashed shortly after takeoff. Twenty nine people lost their lives that evening. Very sad and just like Marshall they rebuilt afterwards but the pain still hangs over the school.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts