Maybe a stupid question but...

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I currently have a 942 that I have leased and will be upgrading to the VIP622. But I also have a 211 I believe. Its just the SD box with no DVR. I want to upgrade this to the 625, which I believe is just an SD box with a DVR. My question is that if I decide to purchase a 625 instead of leasing from Dish I would assume that I am not paying the additional $5/month box fee and just the DVR fee would be charged. Is this correct? If this is correct with 2 boxes with DVR I may need to upgrade to the DishHD Platinum then for the free DVR fee. Would Dish allow me to upgrade both boxes at the same time? Would it matter if I bought the 625 in that case? Can I just swap out the 211 with the 625 without any additional cables? The 211 is already set up on 2 TV so all the cable is already run, I just want to change the box. Thanks guys.

scott78945 said:
But I also have a 211 I believe. Its just the SD box with no DVR. I want to upgrade this to the 625, which I believe is just an SD box with a DVR. My question is that if I decide to purchase a 625 instead of leasing from Dish I would assume that I am not paying the additional $5/month box fee and just the DVR fee would be charged. Is this correct?.

You must have a 311, if it's SD
You can purchase a 625, but it still needs to be tied to a phone line to avoid the 5 buck extra receiver fee. Yes, still a 5.98 dvr fee.

fred

Thanks. Its got a phone line now so that won't be a problem. I just want to avoid the additional $5 fee for having the box.

so what if I buy a 211 box for my HDTV.....and I have a phone line. What is the advantage of buying? I am still leasing the rest of the equipment, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts