Maybe a stupid question but...

scott78945

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
I currently have a 942 that I have leased and will be upgrading to the VIP622. But I also have a 211 I believe. Its just the SD box with no DVR. I want to upgrade this to the 625, which I believe is just an SD box with a DVR. My question is that if I decide to purchase a 625 instead of leasing from Dish I would assume that I am not paying the additional $5/month box fee and just the DVR fee would be charged. Is this correct? If this is correct with 2 boxes with DVR I may need to upgrade to the DishHD Platinum then for the free DVR fee. Would Dish allow me to upgrade both boxes at the same time? Would it matter if I bought the 625 in that case? Can I just swap out the 211 with the 625 without any additional cables? The 211 is already set up on 2 TV so all the cable is already run, I just want to change the box. Thanks guys.

scott78945 said:
But I also have a 211 I believe. Its just the SD box with no DVR. I want to upgrade this to the 625, which I believe is just an SD box with a DVR. My question is that if I decide to purchase a 625 instead of leasing from Dish I would assume that I am not paying the additional $5/month box fee and just the DVR fee would be charged. Is this correct?.

You must have a 311, if it's SD
You can purchase a 625, but it still needs to be tied to a phone line to avoid the 5 buck extra receiver fee. Yes, still a 5.98 dvr fee.

fred

Thanks. Its got a phone line now so that won't be a problem. I just want to avoid the additional $5 fee for having the box.

so what if I buy a 211 box for my HDTV.....and I have a phone line. What is the advantage of buying? I am still leasing the rest of the equipment, right?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)