Maybe im blind, but when did Directv add USA network (west feed)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Senz

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2006
i was channel surfing today and ran across channel 246. afaik it wasnt there before. its labeled as USA network, and its a west feed. is this a mistake in my reciever, or is it something they added awhile ago and i missed? its kind of nice to have both the east and west feeds for viewing habits. just curious.

Must be pretty new; Zap2It still lists channel 246 as "Info Channel" but the DirecTV guide on the web does show it as USA; nor is it listed on the Lyngsat DirecTV package grids of 101, 110, or 119.

Last edited:
tested again this morning , and its gone from the guide. last night it was on when i posted. i was able to tune in to it, and verify it was a west feed. the guide showed USA, and the shows were 3 hours behind channel 242. funny thing is, the channel showed up on www.directv.com channel listings guide as well.

So the channel exists, just maybe testing or a fluke.

Maybe it will be something special for the US Open? Although I didn't have the video; I did confirm it was on the DirecTV website guide.

It may have something to do with the interactive channel they will be having for the U. S. Open. I'll bet charper is right with that.

well i live in the midwest. northern missouri.

directv.com still shows the channel . but i have been unable to tune it since 2 nights ago. the guide data lists it still at 246 USA, and 3 hours behind channel 242.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)