Mcnabb and Skins sign extention

satjay

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jun 30, 2005
Michigan
So much for the skins and Mcnabb having a riff, five year deal with 40 mil guaranteed

The Washington, DC solution. Give Haynesworth $41 million guaranteeed, give Arenas a max contract, and now, give a $40 million guarantee to a 35 year old player your coach and his sons have doubts about. Go, Danny!

The Washington, DC solution. Give Haynesworth $41 million guaranteeed, give Arenas a max contract, and now, give a $40 million guarantee to a 35 year old player your coach and his sons have doubts about. Go, Danny!

LOL! Isn't that something. Since when do you give a 35 year QB that "does not have the stamina to run the 2-minute drill" $40 million guarantee dollars....??!!

Terrell Owens tweets during last night's game...

Wow...I guess TO is still mad since he is still playing for "free" according to him, while I agree that extention came out of nowhere, I am guessing T.O. is back on Mcnabbs no christmas card list :)

I kinda agree with TO. Never thought I would say that. He signs, then goes out and sucks it up.

And now, for a dose of reality:

The guarantee is only $3.75 million

From ESPN

McNabb's five-year extension is worth $70 million and can get to $78.5 million if he is on the active roster for every game in those five seasons. The deal's maximum value is $88.5 million if McNabb leads his team to a Super Bowl victory every year.

But the real question is how much he'll actually earn and whether it will be in Washington.

One of the contract's most significant points is a payment due this offseason, when the Redskins must decide whether or not to pay McNabb a $10 million option bonus. If they do, it would trigger the rest of the contract and make Washington liable for McNabb's $2.5 million base salary in 2011.

So in essence, the Redskins paid McNabb $3.75 million in 2010 for the right to pay him $12.5 million in 2011 and control his rights. If the Redskins cut him after this season or trade him, they are only on the hook for the $3.75 million.

Boiled down, the deal's real guarantee is $3.5 million, though if McNabb suffered a catastrophic injury this season and never played again, he would receive $25 more million.

I kinda agree with TO. Never thought I would say that. He signs, then goes out and sucks it up.

Excuse me? It wasnt his fault the defense gave up about 50 of those 59 points! I agree that is WAY TOO MUCH money for an aging QB....but his mediocre play did NOT lead to the Redskins getting beaten like a redheaded step child.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

Excuse me? It wasnt his fault the defense gave up about 50 of those 59 points! I agree that is WAY TOO MUCH money for an aging QB....but his mediocre play did NOT lead to the Redskins getting beaten like a redheaded step child.

From my Vibrant using Tapatalk.....

His 3 INT's didn't help either.:rolleyes:

I love how the NFL constantly proves you cant just throw money at the problem. Snyder is rapidly out Davising Al Davis.

I love how the NFL constantly proves you cant just throw money at the problem. Snyder is rapidly out Davising Al Davis.

I'm not so sure. Davis would have to get a whole lot more senile to match this. I'm flabbergasted. Ford (Detroit) is an idiot, but even he hasn't spent as recklessly as Snyder has. This guy does all his thinking with his wallet.

One Sunday, I got a call one Sunday afternoon from a young man who identified himself as a "personal assistant to Mr. Snyder" (he has hundreds). He said there was to be a preseason game that evening between Pittsburgh and Dallas that was only going to be televised in those cities, but they had recently purchased a practice facility in Ashburn, Virginia that had a broken C-band system and he wanted to know if I could get it running in time for Danny to watch the game there.

I told him that this call had been forwarded to me at my warehouse, where I was just doing pedestrian duties, and that I could close it up and then visit another customer in their neighborhood who I had promised I would stop by and see the next time I got a call from that neck of the woods, and then I would take care of them.

He called me back a few minutes later and said , "Mr Snyder says if you do us first, you can charge us more." While I am sure Mr. Snyder did say that, he might have been disappointed to see that his personal assistant was playing his hand so poorly. Nevertheless, I said I'd make them my first stop, and asked that they call their local pre-season game TV affiliate to get me the name of the satellite and transponder I'd be looking for.

When I got there, I found that the jack arm of the dish was rusted solid, that the feedhirn had a bee's nets in it, and that the receiver had been professionaqlly tagged and diagnosed as in need of repair. I assured this young man that I had everything I needed to make this system operable, but I might not be done until an hour or so before game time.
He left the roof and then came back up and said, "Mr. Snyder said he is going to watch the game elsewhere, but he wants you to complete the repair anyway". And in a matt3er of minutes, in swooped a helicopter which wisked Danny off to Pittsburgh to watch the game there.

Danny knows how to make a splash with his money.

I hate to say this, but I think McNabb may be the most overrated QB in football and possibly has over the last decade.

I guess it all depends on the context. When people have mentioned him in the same breath as Manning and Brady, that's when I shuttered.

But IMO, for the balance of his career, McNabb has been a top 5 NFL QB.

I guess it all depends on the context. When people have mentioned him in the same breath as Manning and Brady, that's when I shuttered.

But IMO, for the balance of his career, McNabb has been a top 5 NFL QB.

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on my team- I'd take him on Buffalo if I had the chance to.

Rather, I look at it from the perspective of what you said- same breath as Manning/Brady- and the fact that he hasn't won the big one (think Peyton Manning in the years before he won the Super Bowl and how everyone said he could never win the big one.)

I'm not saying I wouldn't want him on my team- I'd take him on Buffalo if I had the chance to.

Rather, I look at it from the perspective of what you said- same breath as Manning/Brady- and the fact that he hasn't won the big one (think Peyton Manning in the years before he won the Super Bowl and how everyone said he could never win the big one.)

But why do you NEED to compare him to ANYONE? There is no need to compare and let his MERITS stand on their own.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)