MD area HD artifacts

rondon600

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 3, 2004
Anyone else notice alot of random artifacts, screen jumping/pops and pixelation? Called Verizon and they tried the usual reboot but no change.

Im really upset with Verizon. Ever since the Guide Upgrade its been downhill. Im jumping ship if they dont fix the guide or release a statement as to when within the next week.

im guessing you are trying to watch the redskins game if you are everyone is having that problem its a cbs problem. if you are watching something else i cant help you i only had fios for a week.

I have noticed a lot of pixelation and a very poor picture now I have a green line down the side of my tvs and the hd gets very snowey some times. I sort of miss Dish now .

Green line is because you are using HDMI with the new guide. If you switch to component video it should go away.

As for the pixelation, the Skins game was horrible on 9 OTA, so its a source issue, not Vz.

Other pixelation seems to be normal for the new software. I've noticed a lot of my recordings have some pixelation, even when watching live does not.

I'll be dropping Vz TV this week after I finish watching my House recordings. It's gone way downhill, and is not worth the hassle of the unreliable DVR. I have heard if you complain, they are giving out monthly credits on your bill until the next software update. Maybe its the beta tester discount. :)

For me tho, it's not a money issue. It's an issue of reliability and useability. Both of which the new software lacks. Even if they do fix some of the issues, there are so many bugs there is no way they will fix ALL of them in the next update.

I've been having the problem on the HD channels for a few weeks. A good tech came out and said I had good signal to the main junction, but was losing signal through the fiber run to my apartment. They are going to run a new line. Not sure what would be the cause for other people, though. I'll let you know if the new fiber run fixes things. If not, they may be having feed issues.

Do you have the HD-DVR? If so, which model? I had a -1 swapped for a -2 a while back, and it helped a lot. I was getting wierd studdering (not pixelation) tho. They did replace the wires, connectors and splitter, but none of that helped.

Atleast the Vz techs were knowledgeable. They even had signal meters, and used them. (Unlike the Comcast techs around here!)

Good luck! Probably someone in another apartment decided to do a split on the line into your apartment.

I didn't know it could make a difference, but I have the qip6416-2. And yes, the tech that came out was very knowledgeable. He found improperly terminated coax (the inner coax wasn't flush with the F-connector) and re-terminated the bad ones for me. I'm not losing much signal now through the coax, so we'll see what the new fiber does.

Thank you jgantert the hdmi was giving me the green line down the side of my tv switched cables to component and now it went a way. What is up with fios ?

It looks like my video feed issues may be a mystery. The tech that came out today said he found a problem at the junction box and didn't have to run a new fiber cable. The video error light is now off at the ONT and he says I'm losing just .5 Db signal through the fiber. All HD channels are fine now, but I don't know why the first tech didn't find the same problem at the junction box. Wrong testing tools maybe.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts