ME TV Dallas is on 2 channels

boba

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Dec 12, 2003
Dorchester, TX.
Me TV is on 047-1 and another feed on 047-4. 047-1 has the guide data but 047-4 seems to be the actual ME TV channel. When CH 047-1 is showing basketball or religious programming CH047-4 is still showing ME. True to DISH the info in the guide for 047-4 is DIGITAL SERVICE.

interesting
I looked it up and 47-4 is the national 24/7 feed of MeTV.
47-1 (which is in HD and on both sat providers) looks like a independent station with MeTV as fill in programming

I guess if you like MeTV at least you wont miss your favorite shows ;)

interesting
I looked it up and 47-4 is the national 24/7 feed of MeTV.
47-1 (which is in HD and on both sat providers) looks like a independent station with MeTV as fill in programming

I guess if you like MeTV at least you wont miss your favorite shows ;)
It would be nice if DISH could associate the programming guide with the correct channel

Try writing to dishquality@echostar.com and inform them of your problems . Be very distinct and inform them of the channels involved etc. You have to keep writing to them and stay on top of this to get some resolution. I spent 2 years trying to get Metv with guide information in my hometown and it finally came through last month. But to be honest it was more of an issue with my local broadcaster, who finally moved the channel to the same digital channel broadcast by our ABC /NBC main channels. It used to be broadcast on a weaker ota channel that was broadcast on two digital stations at the same time ,which meant no way to get guide data to it on the satellite. This problem still exists for Mytx and Tele Mundo Fox on these two stations. I gave up on these two channels because I don't speak Spanish or care about Mytx programming ,which I can get the same shows on any other channel on DISH.

Good Luck.:)

Mike as I posted to Ice I surrender 16-18 hrs. of guide is better than none. I'll only have to set 1-2 manual timers for 047-4 to record programming, programming I didn't know was even there till yesterday.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts