Media Center

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Loonie

Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
I use my computer as TV and DVR. I have two receiver capability and want to know is there is anyway to operate both receivers from one Direct TV satalite box. I was able to do this on cable with one incomming cable but not with satalite. If this is a common queation, just direct me to the existing answers.

What kind of receivers do you have in the PC? I'll assume they are OTA/cable ready. In that case, you'll need two DirecTV receivers to input into your PC tuners.

The was talk at one time of introducing a PC D* card., but i have not heard anything about that in a while

Like you I had a media center with two tuners. The above is correct; there is no way to split a sat signal (like cable) so you would have to have two receivers to use both tuners. However, My media center also had a seperate tuner for over the air HD. I connected my roof antenna to that tuner and was able to record two channels at once as long as one was from the directv receiver and the other was an HD local channel. Worked fine for me until the unit burned out and I replaced them with directv dvrs.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)