Media General to buy Meredith in TV, magazine deal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Note that again in markets where there are both companies one station would have to be sold (or migrated onto the existing station) so it may not be as good as you think.

Note that again in markets where there are both companies one station would have to be sold (or migrated onto the existing station) so it may not be as good as you think.
I'll bet that it would be more of a mess. Especially since the Meredith/Media General is a go. Then if Media would endup buying Nexstar.....I wouldn't wanna be the one's to seal some fate... At least the former nexstar stations would see some subchannels but the work to straighten things out would be ENDLESS....I'm just glad that Media slammed the door on Perry and his Nexstar bigshots....

doesn't say its a done deal...says "they are close"

And in areas where there are both (Nexstar and MG) they may do a swap with another ownership with an area Nexstar/MG isn't in already. Like when Gray bought Schurz...they did a swap with Sinclair in South Bend, IN and Marquette, MI. Gray already owned WNDU (NBC) and acquired WSBT (CBS) from Schurz. They swapped it with Sincalirs WLUC (NBC/FOX) in Marquette.

doesn't say its a done deal...says "they are close"

And in areas where there are both (Nexstar and MG) they may do a swap with another ownership with an area Nexstar/MG isn't in already. Like when Gray bought Schurz...they did a swap with Sinclair in South Bend, IN and Marquette, MI. Gray already owned WNDU (NBC) and acquired WSBT (CBS) from Schurz. They swapped it with Sincalirs WLUC (NBC/FOX) in Marquette.
Thanks....sounds like a wonderful plan if and or when it's a done deal...

note the date on it...September 16th....before Nexstar got their paws into the game and wanted it

Companies do that all the time...make logos of what it "might" look like. DOesnt mean it will happen ;)

After telling us for a year we were going to get Me-TV on 2.3, yesterday Justice Network came on that channel. Thanks for nothing, Media General. On another note, Antenna TV is now on a full power station on Fox affiliate 17.3.

After telling us for a year we were going to get Me-TV on 2.3, yesterday Justice Network came on that channel.
yeah we have a thread on that. A couple MG stations added it
http://www.satelliteguys.us/xen/thr...ching-on-forum-media-general-stations.355803/

. On another note, Antenna TV is now on a full power station on Fox affiliate 17.3.
thanks for the update! Sinclair has been adding it in markets recently (supposedly a 1/1 launch but some stations went early)

one note (so someone doesnt have a conniption)

Because the Meredith-Media General merger agreement has not been terminated, there can be no assurance that any transaction with Media General will result (or the terms or timing thereof).

Reactions: localclassictvfan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts