Media Player on Hopper 3 to view computer jpgs. No slideshow.

JJinVista

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 16, 2008
I run Windows Media Player on my home computer for its use as a DLNA server. I've successfully been able to use two different smart TVs (Sharp, LG) to connect via my home network and view jpg photos I have stored on my computer in a public folder. I've also done this with a Samsung DVD player which has a similar media player app. I can view full-screen photos and turn on the slideshow feature to watch all photos in a folder.

Not so with the media player built in to the Hopper 3. It connects, finds the folders with the photos, but all I can do is pick a single photo from a thumbnail to display full screen. I can't advance to the next photo (even though it displays controls at the bottom: pause, forward, back). And often, if I pick a single photo for display, it will ignore what I've picked, and display the last photo in the folder. I have all slideshow-related settings correct, autoplay, 5 sec / photo, etc. But the single photo just sits there until I hit "back". No other remote buttons have any effect.

This is an improvement over my experience several months ago - at that time, I couldn't even get the Hopper Media Player to open a folder of jpgs.

Is anyone having a similar experience?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)