media sharing bugs

michaelbudney

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 9, 2008
I've gave the media sharing on 0x1FE a workout today and had a few bugs.

It seems that after accessing a few photos and changing folders (based off of date tags) I can no longer access additional images. It briefly says "please wait" and goes back to the thumbnails. I'm not sure if it is because the images are all high resolution (8+ MP in size).

Another issue is it keeps frequently saying the computer has disconnected. However, I can go in and still browse media from my PC. I have two other devices on the same wireless bridge that access Vista's MCE share and they never suffer from any sort of network issues.

Another observation, it seems like the media share code could stand to implement a little more data caching.

I've gave the media sharing on 0x1FE a workout today and had a few bugs.

It seems that after accessing a few photos and changing folders (based off of date tags) I can no longer access additional images. It briefly says "please wait" and goes back to the thumbnails. I'm not sure if it is because the images are all high resolution (8+ MP in size).

Another issue is it keeps frequently saying the computer has disconnected. However, I can go in and still browse media from my PC. I have two other devices on the same wireless bridge that access Vista's MCE share and they never suffer from any sort of network issues.

Another observation, it seems like the media share code could stand to implement a little more data caching.

I've experienced similar issues. I also have an issue with audio when I'm accessing video content. The video displays, but there is no sound.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)