Memories of Galaxy 10R

Status
Please reply by conversation.
My first fixed dish was aimed at 123. Then I added a LNB for 119 (NASA) and 129 for whitesprings (which is also gone now). I loved that setup.

Did exactly the same thing myself. It was an excellent combination of LNBs/channels.

I was thinking about this the other day. I know that it took me a while to finally take the plunge into FTA, and what finally made my mind up was entirely due to seeing what was available on 123 at the time (3 years ago). While I am hopelessly addicted to this so-called hobby and have no regrets, I really do wonder, with what there is available now and how it is so spread out it among the various satellites, whether I would now have taken that first step into FTA.

My second fixed Ku dish was pointed at 123 then I added the second WSTV LNB like so many others. I had many hours of great tv viewing from that setup. At least we still have RTN on 83. I do miss all the RTN channels on G-10 with there staggered show times.

My first fixed dish was aimed at 123. Then I added a LNB for 119 (NASA) and 129 for whitesprings (which is also gone now). I loved that setup.

same here
119/123 was the 1st setup I had
then added 119/123/129 for WSTV

Now is the best time to get involved and try to get new FTA broadcasting avalible. The true FTA channels seem to be dropping every time I turn on my reciever. We have lost good channels like TUBE TV, Retro Jams, TVU on KU and many others. After reading an artical about the TUBE media network, I noticed how much support it had and how many people are still holding on, waiting for the day it comes back on air. Radar, you should consider getting in contact with others that have been involved with these networks. Could someone still contact Les Garland of the old tube media or members of that group, or someone from White Springs or the RTN networks. Would they be intrested in a partnership? or atleast give some direction. Other non profit stations like TVU of Sky Angle may be intersted in becoming part of a KU band channel linup. It may just be a matter of getting the word out and being real about making this happen. If we all sit back, stair at the sky and do nothing, there will be nothing left for us to look at.

Memories of G10r.... one Saturday I was showing a friend the channels I was receiving on G10r. We happened by one channel of two young girls out deer hunting and giving makeup tips. You never did know what you would see on G10r.

Just over a year and half ago before the launch of g18 I got in to FTA. Initially I had nothing but problems until I found this site and everyone quickly diagnosed my problem (bad dish) and got me running quickly. While I didn't get to enjoy 10r like many of you I still enjoyed it enough to say the dish/receiver paid themselves off watching all those old shows. Thanks again!

Those where the good old days my friend!:cool:
For you.

Mine was early 1998, analog C3, flipping between TvLand and MTV2, TLC, and C4 with ZDTV, and that one weekend that PPV channel on C4/16 went open key before they shut down. And watching wildfeeds at the east end of the arc, Simpsons Saturday morning, Friends Thursday 11 AM and a double cash feed Saturday afternoon, PBSX, and UPN. And Peter Jennings on 9/11/2001.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts