Status
Not open for further replies.

Stargazer

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 7, 2003
Western WV
I bought a Simmons Visco pillow top mattress and it was not cheap. The retailer has no returns, no refunds printed on each receipt. I have read reviews about this online and others are having the same issue as I am with it sagging (indentations of certain parts of the body, in my case the hips). Others are saying they have the same issues and Simmons will do nothing about it.

I have contacted the debit card company about this and filed a complaint with them since I am supposed to have credit card protection. Will they still be able to help me even though there are no returns and no refunds on this mattress? I bought this because of how soft it was but originally was going to get just a regular memory foam mattress thinking they would last the longest due to no springs to puncture through. This is supposed to have memory foam and latex in the pillow top and around the springs in the bottom part. I thought this one would last for a while like a regular memory foam mattress would but I must be very wrong about that.

I have a pillowtop mattress that is doing that too, but it didn't happen til later.

Credit card protections do not apply to debit card transactions. Plus you'll be on weak grounds with a purchase under that policy. Good luck.

I contacted the credit card company and I have to do a bunch of horse crap to get anything done and I think it will just be in vain. Lesson learned. I won't buy another mattress unless it has an excellent return policy from the retailer, excellent warranty that is better than what Simmons offers or if is something really cheap.

Any way a person can repair these mattresses themselves?

Sounds like if I am reading your original post correctly that you will need to cut one end of the pillow top open then insert a layer of padding underneath the memory foam to bolster it so that its not making contact with the springs but without really knowing how its built and seeing the problem I cant offer any better advice other than possibly buying a memory foam insert from walmart and pulling the one thats in there out and replacing it as well.

Credit card protections do not apply to debit card transactions. Plus you'll be on weak grounds with a purchase under that policy. Good luck.
They do have a different set of rules but you do get some. My bank told me I get a month on rejecting the purchase. In turn when you write a check once it clears your done, so I don't write checks anymore.

I should have used my American Express Card. No more large PayPal purchases for me. I will just transfer funds to bank account and use the credit card.

I bought a Simmons Visco pillow top mattress and it was not cheap. The retailer has no returns, no refunds printed on each receipt. I have read reviews about this online and others are having the same issue as I am with it sagging (indentations of certain parts of the body, in my case the hips). Others are saying they have the same issues and Simmons will do nothing about it.

I have contacted the debit card company about this and filed a complaint with them since I am supposed to have credit card protection. Will they still be able to help me even though there are no returns and no refunds on this mattress? I bought this because of how soft it was but originally was going to get just a regular memory foam mattress thinking they would last the longest due to no springs to puncture through. This is supposed to have memory foam and latex in the pillow top and around the springs in the bottom part. I thought this one would last for a while like a regular memory foam mattress would but I must be very wrong about that.

You aren't saying that your memory foam mattress, is just sitting on top of your OLD box springs, are you?

Memory foam and/or a latex mattress needs much firmer solid support than a regular standard spring mattress. The foundation for these type mattresses, is much more important than the mattress itself.

If you are using it on a box spring foundation, place a piece of 1/2 inch plywood, between the box springs, and the foam mattress.

I have severe back problems, have tried all sorts of mattresses, including memory foam (which is horrible for me!), and what they (now) call the "Sleep number" air mattress works the best for me. But it also needs a very good foundation, compared to an old-style spring mattress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)