Memphis Beat: Season 2

I fell totally behind with this show, but have the whole season archived to catch up with soon.

I love TNT but hate these ten episode seasons. Of course if it wasn't for TNT there would be nothing to watch except a little bit of bubblegum sci fi on sigh figh.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

I was a little upset with the finale... it wasn't at the same par as the rest of the season and the overly cheesy ending makes me think it may not be back for season 3. Sucks since it was the only summer show I looked forward to. (from a quick google TNT is still undecided as to the fate of the show.)

I was a little upset with the finale... it wasn't at the same par as the rest of the season and the overly cheesy ending makes me think it may not be back for season 3. Sucks since it was the only summer show I looked forward to. (from a quick google TNT is still undecided as to the fate of the show.)

That was my assessment of the show as well. At the end I just had the sinking feeling we were watching the series finale. We shall see. Personally, I love the TNT summertime series like The Closer and Memphis Beat because it gives us something to watch other than endless reruns or the history channel. I just took a look at the cable ratings and noticed TNT's The Closer had 6.502 million viewers (#2), Rizzoli & Isles had 6.455 million viewers (#3) but the Memphis Beat didn't make the Top 25 (trash programming like Storage Wars, WWE, iCarly, American Pickers, etc.) with #25 logging 3.9 million viewers. I don't see them retuning if they don't even have 4 million viewers watching. :(

Hmmm. Memphis beat seems to consistently have an audience a little more than half the size of The Closer (55%) and they are drawing more viewers than Franklin & Bash. With the The Closer getting ready to spin-off into another show, coupled with the fact they are drawing more than Frankin & Bash, gives the show hope of coming back for a 3rd season.

I hope so. This season's storylines weren't as good as the first season, plus I have a thing about continuity within side-stories... they spent the first season talking about the repercussions of Greenback taking the payoff and then just forgot about it. They spend an episode discussing the doubt that his father's shooter actually did the crime and then it's wiped off with his mom saying "he did it to protect us" so everything was just ok.... Just little things that irked me this season that I hope they correct next season.

The best episodes this season were last week's when they were trapped in the house and a few weeks ago with the baby. More episodes like those would be welcome.

I am not tryin to rain on anyone's paradehere but with the cancellation of

Yep, the ratings have not been Closer-like and the "lets all hold hands and sing kumbaya" ending gave us the impression this may be a pseudo series finale. However, as the article I read mentioned...the last episode drew 4.9 million viewers which is pretty good for a summertime cable series. With "The Closer" bidding farewell and a spinoff in the works, I think TNT will bring back Memphis Beat for another season. Of course, CBS regularly cancels series having 10 million viewers so what do I know.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts