Memphis Beat

toto

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 29, 2003
What no thread on this TNT series? Does anyone watch tv. (Maybe everyone does what I normally do, doze). This show is a keeper.:D

Pleased to read today that it has ben renewed by TNT for 10 more episodes next summer.

I hate these 10-week seasons, but am so glad that this show will be back. A ton of fun!

It's not a show I would normally watch during the fall-spring TV season, but I watched a few shows over the summer and liked 'em. As much as I like The Closer I hate the short seasons...especially since the later show could actually hold-its-own against broadcast primetime.

It's not a show I would normally watch during the fall-spring TV season, but I watched a few shows over the summer and liked 'em. As much as I like The Closer I hate the short seasons...especially since the later show could actually hold-its-own against broadcast primetime.

I would watch Memphis Beat every week if I could. I think it is far better than some of the crap that gets fall-spring slots on the "big" networks.

But there is something about Kyra Sedgwick's character that I just can't stand, and it has turned me off to the Closer.

I would watch Memphis Beat every week if I could. I think it is far better than some of the crap that gets fall-spring slots on the "big" networks.
No doubt...it's not a bad show and could probably replace some of the trash on NBC. Perhaps I could better stomach the show if I could look at Jason Lee and not see the character Earl from that goofball NBC comedy or Dave from Alvin and Chipmunks - two stinker shows.

But there is something about Kyra Sedgwick's character that I just can't stand, and it has turned me off to the Closer.
I can see that because her character can get quite annoying when she isn't interrogating suspects. However, I like this show because of the writers and how well the characters interact with each other.

No doubt...it's not a bad show and could probably replace some of the trash on NBC. Perhaps I could better stomach the show if I could look at Jason Lee and not see the character Earl from that goofball NBC comedy or Dave from Alvin and Chipmunks - two stinker shows.

I can see that because her character can get quite annoying when she isn't interrogating suspects. However, I like this show because of the writers and how well the characters interact with each other.

Lucky for me, I rarely watched Earl. I hated that show, but like him in Memphis Beat a lot. And I have only seen that damn Alvin show once... :)

The thing about Kyra Sedgwick is the obnoxious accent she plays the character with (although I have seen her in other roles and liked her a lot) AND the blatant violations of the law that they regularly portray - and it just irritates me. I saw an episode this summer where she masqueraded as a defense attorney to get a witness to spill information. I turned it off when I saw that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)