menu comes up spontaneously

kevinsickles

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 10, 2006
Just received a replacement 922 following a harddrive failure. Loved the restore from remote!
Now the menu screen comes up on it's own every 20 to 30 minutes. In fact if I am away, the menu, menu (remote screen) is displayed meaning the menu button was pressed twice.

Any Ideas?

thank you

i'd take the batteries out of your remote(s) for about a half hour or so and see if the menu comes up. you could narrow it down to either the receiver is causing it or with the batteries in the remote, then the remote might have a sticking menu key?

I have been traveling, just tried the suggestions. To my amazement, Batteries removed from all remotes. Up comes the menu screen.
bad 922?

The 922 was forward in cabinet. Pushing it back seemed to make it worse

Wondering if it is some type of infrared problem. I will try blocking the infrared port
Can somebody tell me where it is?

Still having this problem, Called Dish. claimed this is a known problem that will be resolved in an upcoming software fix, Is this a standard line?? Also 922 is getting flakier, missed recordings (showing as an error)

Just gotta love Dish technology! I have a 922 replacement coming in the mail due to my current one starting to grenade. I've had the current one for only like three months, so I''m hoping the replacement will be better, but I doubt it! I also asked the csr during my chat if the 922 he was sending would have the bbmp on it, he told me it would.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Just gotta love Dish technology! I have a 922 replacement coming in the mail due to my current one starting to grenade. I've had the current one for only like three months, so I''m hoping the replacement will be better, but I doubt it! I also asked the csr during my chat if the 922 he was sending would have the bbmp on it, he told me it would.

I am sorry but the CSR you chatted with was incorrect on this. None of the ViP922's have the software to be able to do BBMP.

maryb@Dish Network said:
I am sorry but the CSR you chatted with was incorrect on this. None of the ViP922's have the software to be able to do BBMP.

I kinda figured that to be honest with you, just another uninformed Dish CSR

Last edited by a moderator:
Matt, Just wanted to let you now the replacement 922 arrived and is working well, No spontaneous pop ups.

Thank you For your Help and Happy Holidays!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)