Mercury II - IRD to IRD

Status
Please reply by conversation.

jgoecken

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 24, 2006
I have another Mercury II on the way and I want to use the "Sorftware Transfer" option in the on screen menu to transfer the firmware and data from my current one to the new one. I was wondering if anybody has tried the IRD to IRD download in the Merc II? There are two options (download Firmware, download Database). Seems pretty straight forward but I don't know which IRD should do the download. Do I select download on the master(current) IRD and it pushes it to the slave IRD or do I do the download from the slave? The manual is kind of vague it really doesn't say which IRD you should download to and from. Thanks!

Figured it out

Either this was just a dumb question (quite possible) that nobody thought was worth answering, or nobody knew it. At any rate I figured it out. In case anybody wants to know, you select "Download Firmware" and "Download Database" on the master IRD. Make sure the slave IRD on/off switch in back is on but the power button on the front is off. Once you start the download from the master it will tell you to power on the slave. The master IRD shows you the progress 1-99 on the front. After it's done, the master kind of freezes so I just powered it off from the back of the receiver and turned it on again.

Not a dumb question, but I've never done it, so thought my input wouldn't be all that valuable :) .
I assume you used the null modem cable that came with the Merc ? I have 2 Merc's ( one is in the drawer as a spare) and I may try it out. Thanks for the info .

Yep, I used the cable that came with the merc. Same cable you would use to update the firmware from the pc.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts