Mercury II Receiver lost all satellite positions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

semco72057

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2009
Grapevine, Arkansas
I have had problems with the Mercury II receiver for the last month after it first started flashing the channel number on the screen and losing the signal. Upon checking further I just had a blank screen on my TV. After a few days it began to give channel numbers when I got my screen back, and could only get channel numbers on satellites instead of channel names. The last thing which has happened is the receiver has lost all the latitude and longitude information and only gives the same channels regardless of the satellite and finding no longitude and latitude information. Finding this information is impossible and the updated software can't be updated since this receiver only accepts information through a R232 port. The new laptops don't accept the plug for this so all information have to be input manually into the receiver. Finding that information is tough so far. Lynsat.com don't give you the longitude and latitude information for each satellite and is wondering if there is any place to get it. I still have all the satellites in the receiver, but need the longitude and latitude information to manually install it. Can anyone help me with this information.

Just a thought, if you've been having issues lately and now this problem, it just might be possible that your power supply may be going south. The power supply has various voltage taps, each being different and for different sources required by the main board and LNB functions. If this is the case, a particular voltage tap or mutiple taps may be suffering from a weak capacitor thats about to blow. The main board functions may be irratic due to a drop in voltage or varying voltages. If the receiver is a few years old it just might be a failing power supply. If you have any electronic skills you can easily check the voltages and possibly repair it with simple capacitor replacements. If not, it sounds like time to test another receiver in it's place and compare and prepare to but another receiver. This is only my opinion and just a guess as to what is the cause. Good luck :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)