Mercury II S&Q problem

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Whipskinny

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2006
Purchased a Mercury motorized system from SatelliteAV.
Having difficulty obtaining S or Q greater then 9%.
Zero problems (great signal, great quality) with a CW Premium, Coolsat 6000 or a SonicView, all hooked to the same motorized (and unmotorized) setup.
True south sat. is G10R and is the one I'm making comparisons from.
My setup is:
90CM dish
Invacom qph-31 (port 4 linear)
Diseqc port 3
LNB setting - single
using default TP from 3/17/07 factory file

The other receivers set up with identical configuration, and using the same dish average around 70-80 signal and 58-65 quality.
I have tried every combination of diseqc and usals and have gone as far as to disconnect the motor with the dish pointed and dialed in to G-10 ku.
Tried all the different scans with no luck so far.

My first problem with this box was erratic motor control which seems to have cleared up now, but, I still have the above issue.
Voltage from the box to the LNB and motor is good 18+ and 13+.

Any ideas or thoughts about what I may have overlooked?

Thanks

Check the fortecstar.com site for their latest firmware. One of the earlier firmware releases fixed a problem with the signal meter. Who knows what version is in the shipping box from SatelliteAV. Fortec had several updates just in March.
Hope this helps.
:)
Brent

Thanks Brent,
Firmware is the latest from Fortec according to SatelliteAV.
I haven't been given the go ahead on doing another fresh firmware update from SatelliteAV yet, don't want to ruin my chance at warranty yet.
Almost certain that it is the latest from the info I found at Fortec 3/17/07 file.

You can check it under "product information" , in the menu section. It was a hope, since I know one of the updates dealt with that problem. v1.43 is the latest version, 3/30/2007 .
:(

Last edited:
Brent,
thanks for the update on the newest file. Now I only have to convince SatelliteAV to allow me to do the update myself.

goto antenna setup and choose 123.0w and tell us what settings are on the screen

and to confirm your setup looks like this right ?

ird -> motor -> diseqc -> lnb

I've noticed a lot more variability in both the on-screen signal level and quality readings since I downloaded the latest firmware (v1.43). For example, I get good picture quality with Montana PBS and Bloomberg on AMC 3 @ 87W even with a fluctuating signal quality of only 9 to 21%. TipTV, another good picture, comes in at a much higher signal quality of 60 to 70%. As long as the picture comes in nicely, that's all I guess I really should care about, right?

Updatelee,

Settings are:
G10Ku
LNB-11250
DiSEqc 1.2 (motor disconnected, great sig. with all other STB's at this position)
TP-11800/V/26657
22khz-off
SW.-DiSEqC 1.1
Input-LNB 1
Port-3 (linear port 4 on QP-031)

Perfectly clear day, signal and quality on other receivers between 57 and 72.
Mercury signal and quality between 5 and 9.

Factory Firmware- V4.43 3/17/07

Set at 10750, which is the same as my coolsat, signal won't go above 8, and quality is between 0 and 4.
It feels like I've tried every setting possible including the C bands just hoping to see higher signal and quality.

This receiver has yet to lock onto any sat or pull up any TP or channel on any of my visible satellites.

Thanks

LNB power on.
Strange thing.....every 4 to 4 1/2 minutes signal jumps to 60 and quality drops to 0...for just a split second.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts