Meredith announced they put TV Stations for sale

You pretty much called it...Allen is buying up seven stations that would have to be offloaded in the Gray-Quincy acquisition. They include KVOA Tucson, WKOW Madison and its central Wisconsin satellite stations, WREX Rockford, IL, and KWWL Cedar Rapids, IA among others.

Allen is in acquistion mode at this point, for sure...he could very well go after the Meredith group, but I still believe that ViacomCBS and Fox will play a role in what happens.
Grey TV did purchase Meredith. I wonder what changes will be done, if any? Meredith in OR has a lot of translators. I hope they keep them up and going.

Because of Meredith's ownership of WNEM (CBS) Bay City/Flint/Saginaw, MI, Gray would have to divest crosstown WJRT.
Why is this? Sinclair already owns and/or controls through a shill THREE ! stations in this DMA. I know this, because it's the one I'm in. Not sure how they get away with that.

Why shouldn't Gray own and/or control two others?

They should sell some conflicting stations to Hubbard Broadcasting, like WJRT, I think it would be great if WJRT were a sister station to Hubbard's flagship station, KSTP as well as WDIO/WIRT and KAAL...

BREAKING NEWS: Gray Television to divest WJRT-TV Channel 12, its ABC affiliate for the Flint-Saginaw, Michigan television market to Allen Media for $70 million in cash​

BREAKING NEWS: Gray Television to divest WJRT-TV Channel 12, its ABC affiliate for the Flint-Saginaw, Michigan television market to Allen Media for $70 million in cash​

Oh, no, that's horrible! That station has the best group of sub-channels in our DMA, and Allen will likely ruin them.

Reactions: Daniel Belgrave
It says in that article that Allen Media Group owns the Weather Channel??? I had no idea on that. I had in my mind that NBC or Comcast owned Weather channel.

My guess is Gray TV will keep these stations:
WSAW-TV (CBS) 7, Wausau, Wisconsin
WZAW-LD (Fox) 33, Wausau, Wisconsin
WMTV (NBC) 15, Madison, Wisconsin
WEAU (NBC) 13, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

...while selling these former Quincy Media stations off to Allen Media:
WAOW (ABC) 9, Wausau, Wisconsin
WYOW (ABC) 34, Eagle River, Wisconsin
WMOW (The CW) 4, Crandon, Wisconsin
WKOW (ABC) 27, Madison, Wisconsin
WXOW (ABC) 19, LaCrosse, Wisconsin
WQOW (ABC) 18, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
WREX (NBC) 13, Rockford, Illinois

...these Quincy Media stations will be sold to Gray TV:
KTTC (NBC) 10, Rochester, Minnesota

My guess is Gray TV will keep these stations:
WSAW-TV (CBS) 7, Wausau, Wisconsin
WZAW-LD (Fox) 33, Wausau, Wisconsin
WMTV (NBC) 15, Madison, Wisconsin
WEAU (NBC) 13, Eau Claire, Wisconsin

...while selling these former Quincy Media stations off to Allen Media:
WAOW (ABC) 9, Wausau, Wisconsin
WYOW (ABC) 34, Eagle River, Wisconsin
WMOW (The CW) 4, Crandon, Wisconsin
WKOW (ABC) 27, Madison, Wisconsin
WXOW (ABC) 19, LaCrosse, Wisconsin
WQOW (ABC) 18, Eau Claire, Wisconsin
WREX (NBC) 13, Rockford, Illinois

...these Quincy Media stations will be sold to Gray TV:
KTTC (NBC) 10, Rochester, Minnesota
Gray is keeping WYOW Eagle River and is converting that to a satellite of WSAW Wausau
Gray is also keeping WREX

One station in Wisconsin, owned by Gray TV, that won't change: ABC affiliate WBAY-TV 2, Green Bay, Wisconsin...

Markets that have just one station owned by one station group or the other don't have to worry about too many changes to the appearance of their stations following the sale...

Gray is keeping WYOW Eagle River and is converting that to a satellite of WSAW Wausau
Gray is also keeping WREX
A tangled web of divestitures in the Northwoods of Wisconsin...I bet they'll have to make changes to the call letters to reflect their new ownership...

Reactions: Howard Simmons
Not only did Gray keep WYOW, but they also acquired that area's CW+ affiliate, which used to belong to WAOW 9.2/WYOW 34.2/WMOW 4.1 prior to the acquisition. Gray Television now has a CBS affiliate (WSAW-TV 7.1/WYOW 7.10), MyNetworkTV (WSAW-TV 7.2), Fox (WZAW-LD 33.1/WSAW-TV 7.3/WYOW 33.10) and now a CW+ affiliate (WSAW-TV 7.4/WYOW 34.1) in the Wausau market.

WAOW 9.1/WMOW 4.1 are the ABC affiliates (owned by Allen Media), while WJFW-TV 12.1 is the NBC affiliate (owned by Rockfleet Broadcasting).

It looks like Gray acquired some of Allen Media's equipment and the CW+ affiliation to create this "tangled web" of an affiliation/ownership switch for WYOW that resulted with Allen Media and Gray Television having two channels each.

If I were them, I'd bring back the original callsign for the station from the 1950s, WSAU-TV for channel 7, while moving the current WSAW-TV callsign to WYOW channel 34...

As a side note this viewing area is exploding, yet the local stations are having a hard time keeping reporters and anchors. Not paying enough or just better clout in Charlotte or Atlanta?

Please tell Gray Television to buy KLAF 46 from Allen Media Broadcasting. Its a low power NBC affiliate out of Lafayette La and is sister to KADN FOX 15 (owned by Allen Media), which owns ThisTV and the Grio but has'nt added it to KADN yet. Besides Gray adds subnets to all its stations...